Detective at heart

Barry found himself to be walking into work as late as ever. There were no calls in about attacks, and there was nothing huge the previous night meaning the Flash only stopped some muggings.

"Allen, come to my office," The Captain said to him as he walked out of his office.

"Of course, sir," Barry replied before making his way over and into the room.

"Allen, one of the sisters PD's, has asked to 'borrow' you for a week. They are currently stuck on a case, and their current CSI is unable to make anything from it. They have asked whether I would be able to let you leave for that amount of time. Would you be ok with going to a different PD for a while?" The Captain asked him.

"Surely they would ask somewhere else? We are a busy PD." Barry questioned.

"But nowhere else has someone with your 'unusual' thought process." The Captain replied.

"What PD is it?" Barry sighed.

"Star City."

'Can't be anything wrong with going over there for a while.' Barey thought before replying, "Yeah, I am ok with that, sir."

"Then, you leave today. You do remember where the building is?" The Captain asked.

"I remember," Barry smirked.

----------

"Barry Allen, so glad that you came so quickly," the Star City PD Captain stated walking his through to where he would be working for the next week.

The room was a large rectangle, different lab equipment around the walls. There was a door on the far side that lead to any sort of chemicals that may be needed. In the centre, there was a round table. Three men huddled over some papers with their backs facing them.

"I would like to introduce Central City's finest CSI..." the Captain started.

As all three men turned around, one mans eyes lit up with recognition. "Barry?" Oliver asked, butting in.

"That's me, Oliver." Barry chirped.

"You two know each other?" The Captain asked.

"Yeah, he helped me out in a murder case a while back," Oliver replied.

"Well then, we need to show him the case and see whether he can make any sense out of it." The Captain stated before walking the two of them to the table, placing Barry in the middle.

Barry looked down at all the cases. There were photographs of five dead bodies. Next to them was the forensic report on each of them.

Quickly glancing over them all, Barry mumbled to himself, "they all were killed in slightly different ways... But all follow the same cause..." He then asked, "is there any of these bodies here within the last two days?"

"No, the last one was four days ago and was found mostly destroyed at the bottom of a lake. We were unable to make a certain decision on when the person was killed." The person to his left replied.

As if by some form of magic, there was a stampede of boots outside the door before an officer stormed in, "another body has been found, sir, this time in the park."

"Guess you will get to have a closer look then," the Captain replied before they all left the room to go to the crime scene.

----------

"Here, her wrists have marks that show that she was restrained. Another one around her cheeks and mouth shows that she was gaged." Barry then did a further look into it. "Her husband will need to be informed about her death."