Chapter Nine

James

"When are we allowed to go and check the book?" I asked impatiently walking around my room.

This could not be happening right now. The sudden arrival of the sorcerer and the news of the Book of Myths being magically rewritten didn't give a good vibe. The feeling was rather displeasing than ever. The book has been rewritten several times before, I didn't know why but this time something was different.

I was scared and wasn't certain about what was ahead to come. I had many questions running around inside my head. Mostly it was about the rejection by Alina but a particular question was disturbing me more than I thought it would:

What if my wolf disappears and I turn into a human?

"Don't be so impatient," Drake stated calmly, sitting on my bed with his legs folded.

"What the hell are you doing? Meditating?" I frowned looking at him.

"I'm just relaxing." He rolled his eyes, "You know I can not stand the sorcerer's aura."

"I still didn't understand your problem with his aura." I furrowed my eyebrows looking at him. His skin looked paler than before.

He shook his head and sighed.

"Drake, I don't know why but I feel like something really bad is going to happen," I said looking at the clock. The needle was ticking slower than usual and with every single strike, the anxiety inside me was building up. I knew something regarding my rejection was about to come up in the rewritten version of the book of myths. All I could do right now was wait for the writing process to be complete.

Meanwhile
Alina

I stood outside the healing room waiting for Andrew to come out. It was necessary for me to inform him about the sudden use of wolfsbane. Even though the production of wolfsbane was banned, someone dared to make it once again. It must have had been someone with experience. Because making that portion was not an easy thing.

I doubted Stacy would go through the trouble of scanning many stacks of ancient books, just to make a portion which later on she could blame me for. That was simply not possible. She was more of the glamorous kind, without a brain. She would never dare to risk her own life. And her hatred towards me could not be that intense which drove her into causing her own destruction.

But the main question right now was :

Will Andrew listen to what I had to say?

I wouldn't blame him if he didn't. His mate was actually hanging between life and death. And anyone in his shoes would have snapped as well. But the situation was much worse than it seemed. The use of wolfsbane was a topic we couldn't avoid, even if we wanted to. It was a sign of trouble, a sign of destruction which was ahead of us. Ever since peace was declared, wolfsbane was banished but now the sudden appearance of it was threatening our own kind.

It wouldn't have been a big problem if dad was here. Since he was the Alpha it was his duty to look up to what I had to say, both as a daughter and a pack member. But both our parents were out for some secret case, leaving me here with no other option rather than talking to Andrew. I was never afraid of him. We had a pretty good bonding but now, with all the things going on, I knew he wouldn't listen to me.

I was brought back from my deep thoughts as I heard the door creak. Andrew walked out of the healing room, his eyes blood-shot red and his skin pale.

"Andrew! We need to talk." I said interrupting him in the middle of his walk.

"I don't want to talk to you. Go your room and don't show your fucking face to me." He growled, snapping his head towards me.

"But I have something important to tell you!" I screamed at him.

This thing was getting unbearably frustrating for me. I tried my best, yet he still interrupted me from completing what I had to say. He was not giving in, not at all.

I sighed taking a deep breath, "Stressing won't help, Andrew. Let me explain-"

"-Explain what huh?" He laughed dryly.

"That its -"

"-That you couldn't see me being happy? You didn't like the idea of Stacy being my mate, did you?"

"Look, Andrew, let me speak first-" I tired again.

"Nothing but lies will come out of your mouth. You made the wolfsbane potion, didn't you?" He accused.

I gasped at the sudden accusation. How could he? How could my own brother think so low of me? He actually believed that I would stoop so low? Why would I even try to kill Stacy?

It's his wolf. He's just worried about his mate.- My wolf affirmed.

I understand but that doesn't give him the right to accuse us of something so low.

"How could you Alina?" He asked, his hand suddenly gripping my throat, "Oh! Now I get it! You used to run through the ancient books just to learn all these, right? How can I be so stupid that I didn't notice it at all? No one in the pack would dare to, or should I say would bother to go through the trouble of balling their eyes out in order to make something to kill their own future Luna."

"An-Andrew! L-let me g-go." I chocked as his grip around my throat tightened, lifting me up from the ground.

"You want me to let you go?" He asked dryly. The brotherly voice he once had was gone. What was left behind was nothing but a cold voice I couldn't recognise.

"P-Please," I begged, both my palms tracing over his grip, as I tried to free myself.

His grip softened and after a few seconds, he pulled his hand away from me.

"Ugh-ah." I groaned as the pain took over.

"I really wish you died that very day you were born." He spat in disgust.

I stood there as I watched him walk away.

He didn't mean that right?- I asked my wolf as a single tear trickled down my cheek.

Author's Note:

If you liked the chapter then please don't forget to leave a vote behind!
Thanks.