Chapter Twenty-One

Alina

"What?" I choked out, "What do you mean?"

His eyes glistened as he nodded his head, "I know, it was totally unexpected. It was during a patrol when some of our men came across his dead body. "

"How can he die all out of a sudden?" I frowned.

"It seemed like a sudden death at first, but then after the pack healers thoroughly examined him, they found a silver bullet inside his heart."

"But silver bullets were banned, for god's sake!" I cried.

"Yes, but it was indeed a silver bullet which caused his death." Neil whispered, "No one knows about this yet, not even Luke, let alone the victim's family."

"But we need to inform them about his death, they are his family." I arbitrated.

"We will, later. For now, we need to figure out what is actually going on." He said, his voice filled with sympathy.

"What was he doing there, near the borders, anyway?" I asked.

"Since the attacks made by the abandoned wolves increased recently, we had to in return increase our security. We were blocking off unexpected entrances, you know the ones abandoned wolves tend to use in order to sneak inside the territory."

"Why was I not informed about any of this?" I growled.

The sudden appearance of a silver bullet was not a good indication, indeed it was a sign of ill omen which had the capability to bring disgrace, upon all of us. The sudden appearances of tainted omens which were banished, long gone, after peace was declared were a current threat. No matter how much I tried to take it lightly, it never slipped itself away from other than the fact that the first appearance of such things, was the day my brother's mate consumed wolfsbane.

Even though I was proven guilty by my brother, Andrew, without any interrogation, it was now the point where it made clear sense. Maybe it was my own absurdity that I couldn't interpret what actually was going on. Wolfsbane was something which only the knowledgeable ones could produce. A drug with the ability to kill any werewolf without the slightest of delay. The best option to kill opponents, enemies, or maybe even allies.

The silver bullet, in contrast, works the same way but could be considered under the category of an action-filled scenario. Even though anything containing silver was dangerous and banished after Romero got attacked, and further peace declaration, the present contradicted history itself.

The future of us was to be decided with all the daily basis facts that occurred around us, and maybe one wrong decision could turn out to be unbearably hard for us to compensate.

"Because you are not allowed to take any more stress, you already have a lot to deal with," Neil stated, rolling his eyes. "Stop craving for information."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "What did you say?"

His lips curled to a sheepish smile as he shook his head, "Nothing, nothing."

"Oh, yes, it reminded me, what happened to the rogue?" I asked.

"What, rogue?" He raised an eyebrow.

"The one who was captured while crossing the borders." I reminded.

"Oh, that girl," he growled, "She didn't utter a single thing. Though I tried my best she's somehow preventing herself from giving out any information."

"Preventing as in?" I asked, curiously.

"I even tied her up with silver chains," he muttered under his breath, "Fucking didn't work."