Chapter Forty-Four

A little recap of what happened so far:

"He got shot." Jace, the guy who was carrying James, said handing him over to the Beta.

"Shit!" Beta Drake cursed again, getting hold of his injured Alpha as he sprinted towards one of the chambers, I suppose which belonged to the pack healer.

I stood there hesitantly, not sure whether it would be a good idea to follow behind.

"You can follow along if you want," Jace said as if reading my thoughts, without any other utterance he walked away, leaving me behind to stand alone in an unknown packhouse by myself.

I exhaled and closed my eyes. Maybe, I should allow myself a little slack and let my emotions come out for once, or else I would find myself going bonkers.

For sure.

Continuation (New):

Alina

A few minutes passed by. I stood outside the healer's chamber, fiddling with the rim of my tee-shirt as I tried to control my wolf. She was on the verge of exploding once again, going rampage and assassinating anyone whom she would consider as a threat. And I certainly didn't want that. I wanted no more regrets, not when I was hanging on a thread especially with my past attached to it.

A few snippets of the past invaded my memory as I stood there silently.

You are filthy, you all are. Blinded by the glitter of power and authority. The female abandoned wolf had said in the past. Some snippets of her being tied with silver chains down the prison flooded my mind. The familiar face of filth and hatred as she glanced my way, seemed to bother me a lot more than it probably should.

That statement wasn't true at all.

She is dead. I reminded myself. Somewhat disturbed by what she had said in the past, I clenched my fist. We never had the greed of attaining power and position.

We were just protecting our own kind. Our family, our pack members, from those who meant harm.

I felt tired. My eyes roamed around and tried to adjust to the unfamiliar surroundings. The interior designs of the house were different than that of the exterior. The simple white building, which I saw from outside had a rather unexpected twist inside. The walls were painted with a mixture of crème and red, while some of the walls contained a maroon shade making it the centre of attention.

I couldn't help but feel a little guilty. My mate was there, shot with his soul slowly drifting away and I stood there looking and commenting about the interior designs of his packhouse. It felt horrible.

A few more seconds passed by.

Some people came rushing towards the chamber, with tonnes of emotions displayed on their faces. They rushed their way and made their stop just outside the door. There were three people to be exact, two elders who I supposed were James' parents while the other was Beta Drake.