Chapter Forty-One

Alina

"Are you sure you're not involved in any sort of amoral activity?" I asked looking around capturing the view in front of me. It was an isolated forest, after all, a place where the chances of coming across a werewolf or yet alone any other creature was less to none. And yet here we were looking for some evidence.

"Oh, come on." Neil who was walking ahead of me said turning around, "I'm not the type to go for deep conspiracy. I'm more of the blunt kind and you know it." He stated with a stoned expression. I couldn't help but bite the inside of my cheek to avoid any sort of unappreciative remark.

Not now-I reminded myself. This was certainly not the right time to bring that topic up.

"Seriously?" I raised an eyebrow and pointed ahead for him to carry on with his walk.
I had a really bad feeling about this graveyard as if something portentous was lingering around in the air.

The memory of the past, of the day when I was trespassing this pack, flooded back inside my head. I clearly remembered every single word exchanged between Luke and Neil, one of them happened to kill her. And here he was standing in front of me, denying any sort of involvement with conspiracy. Although his part was not false either-for he didn't know that I was aware of it, everything.

I wanted to bring that topic up, tell him that I was not a fool, but then again, something's were better to be left unsaid. And one of them was about me, about my strength that I was not being able to hold onto.

"Wait-" Neil growled suddenly stopping at his tracks, "how is it- are you alright? You've been spacing off a lot and you look dead."

"Jeez, thank you-" I bumped against his back and involuntarily shook my head, "Ow!" I groaned, "Don't stop in the middle of a walk like that." I complained stretching my arms, "That too when you are standing in the middle of a freaking graveyard." I moved my hands along forming gestures to support my statement, mostly avoiding the direct question that was thrown my way.

The truth was, I didn't want Neil to get involved in any of my current matters, especially not about the deep anxiety I was going through. He already had a lot on his plate to deal with and me putting extra tension would only make things worse. I had this feeling, that something was threatening to bring danger and I was too adamant to figure it out but for me, there was no such luck. The feeling of anxiousness inside of me was growing day by day and without James, by my side, it wasn't getting any easier.

It was a point where I kept questioning all the decisions that I had made in the past. And maybe some part deep inside of me regretted letting James go, but the situation was just too complicated.

"Yes." I finally said, shaking all the thoughts out of my head.

It's of no use now. I reminded myself. No use. He and I are never going to be together again, never.

"Are you sure because if that's so then we can just go back home-" he started, looking at me vulnerably, worried about my health.

Gosh, all of this was Doctor Ron's fault. He embedded unnecessary thoughts inside Neil's head, as usual, which was not needed at all.

The small transactions that occurred within everyone took positive forms, making us better through every transformation, all of us, and sometimes I wondered whether or not James had been through such changes as well.