Tsukishima x Male Reader

Start from the beginning

He clicked this tongue, grabbing his headphones. He had had enough of this. He was going to at least respond to this sudden outcry of music. Tsukishima grabbed his phone and scrolled through his music, then picked a song.

If you've been waitin' for fallin' in love
Babe, you don't have to wait on me
'Cause I've been aimin' for Heaven above
But an angel ain't what I need

There was no more music that day.

~~~

"Hey, did you hear about the new kid?"

"Yeah, I heard he's super weird! He doesn't talk to anyone!"

Tsukishima rolled his eyes as he walked down the halls, heading to his classroom. He opened the door, Yamaguchi joining him as he walked inside. Just then, he noticed a new student at the desk in front of his. The boy that sat there was (H), with (S/C) skin, (E/C) eyes, and (H/L)(H/C) hair. 'Must be the new kid,' He thought, walking past him. 'No difference to me.'

He pulled his headphones on, biting his lip. He did have hope of finding his soulmate, eventually. Tsukki put on the usual song he listened to before class; it usually settled any nerves or bad feelings he had, so he could focus.

Drifting away on the various notes
She said she liked the way my voice hits the highs and the lows
How it reminded her of home
A familiar tone
I think we've been here before
A familiar zone

He sighed in relief, then noticed that the boy in front of him was now facing the windows of the classroom. Tsukishima raised an eyebrow, then watched as the boy softly smiled to himself and turned back to face his desk. But now, his head was gently swaying. As if to the sound of music.

'Weirdo.'

That day, at volleyball practice, Kei heard a new song in his head. One that tugged tears out of his eyes. He sat on the steps of the gym, trying not to tear up as he listened to the lyrics and melody of the song.

What am I now?
What am I now?
What if I'm someone I don't want around?
I'm fallin' again
I'm fallin' again
I'm fallin'
What if I'm down?
What if I'm out?
What if I'm someone you won't talk about?
I'm fallin' again
I'm fallin' again
I'm fallin'

"Stop," Tsukishima whispered. He pulled his headphones on, shaking his head. "Stop making us both sad, you moron," he scolded no one in particular, playing a song he knew was bound to calm his soulmate, who - if this song meant anything - was as teary-eyed as he was.

Let's fall in love for the night
And forget in the mornin'
Play me a song that you like
You can bet I'll know every line
I'm the boy that your boy hoped that you would avoid
Don't waste your eyes on jealous guys, fuck that noise
I know better than to call you mine

The music from his soulmate stopped playing, and Tsukishima sighed in relief. He wiped his tears away, then felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked up, surprised to see Yamaguchi. The freckled teen smiled kindly, sitting beside his best friend. Tadashi had already found his soulmate; the captain of the Johzenji volleyball team.

(A/N: YES TERUYAMA IS THE SOFTEST RAREPAIR THANK YOU)

"Am I hopeless, Tadashi?"

Yamaguchi looked at his best friend in shock. Tsukki was never one to ask questions like this. The boy sighed, putting a hand on Tsukishima's shoulder.

"Of course not Tsukki."

Tsukishima sighed the next day as he went up to the rooftop to eat lunch. Yamaguchi wasn't with him since he had to go practice his jump float for their next game. The blonde opened the door that led out to the roof, stepping out and shutting it behind him. When he looked to the side, he saw the boy that sat in front of him in class eating as well. Their eyes locked. "I'll just.. go," Tsukishima muttered, turning on his heel.