Chapter 13: Execution

Start from the beginning

I trailed the direction where the voices were coming from.

I took a peek and hid behind the bookshelf.

There, I saw Ashton and the girl together. They were only standing behind the bookshelf, discussing something.

I clenched my fist in frustration and bit my tongue holding back myself from screaming at the two of them.

I'll watch whatever is happening first.
If any of the two does something funny then I'll attack.

"I like you Ashton." The girl jumped at Ashton, attempting to hug him but Ashton pushed her back harshly on the floor.

I let out a sigh of relief when I saw Ashton reject her advances.

Thank God, he's loyal.

But what if she likes it rough? And maybe Ashton is going to do roleplay-

"No way!" I spat out by accident. I covered my mouth and ran away to another bookshelf. Hiding behind that one.

They must've heard me.

From a distance, Ashton and the girl were heard arguing.

"I think my girlfriend's here. Get away from me scum." Ashton said to the girl with spite.

"B-But.." the girl tried pleading with him in a cutesy voice.

"You're fired. Now fuck off." He said in a very harsh, cold tone.

The footsteps came closer and closer.

One was heading to a different direction while the other seemed to be getting closer to me.

Instead of being nervous I just relaxed myself and thought of the plan.

I felt relieved that Ashton really doesn't like her.

I just need to distract Ashton after all for this plan right?

But what about the girl? She's a witness.

Will Cassius have to do anything to her too?

Sure, she did like Ashton and tried to steal him away..

Maybe I should let Cassius take care of her?

Or should I help her escape?

The girl was probably leaving the library right now in disappointment at Ashton's rejection towards her.

While I was absorbed in my thoughts, I heard the footsteps halt.

Not any longer, a masculine voice was heard from the other side of the bookshelf.

"I know you're there." Ashton pulled a book from the other side and peeked out from the gap.

My body remained petrified in surprise. All I could do was maintain an expression similar to the polite cat meme.