CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

KAWAII CHAN'S POV

"Morning sleepy head." I rub my eyes open to see Zane brushing his teeth. "What time is it..." Zane turned on his phone screen and showed me the time since he couldn't talk due to the toothbrushing. I stretch my body before rolling out of bed. Zane walks back to the bathroom to rinse and I patiently wait outside. 

"Meet me downstairs when you're done getting ready...don't take forever please." Zane wipes his mouth clean and emphasizes the last part. "Yeah yeah." I yawned shutting the bathroom door after Zane leaves. 

Soon after, I have finished getting ready and decided to wear some medium wash high waisted blue jeans with the shirt the school provided for the campus clean up. It had the signature Phoenix Drop High colors with the mascot on the upper right side of the chest. I laced up my sneakers before grabbing my bag and heading out the door. 

I walk downstairs to see Zane sitting on the couch. He was wearing his classes ripped black jeans with his combat boots but this time he was wearing the campus clean up shirt with it. "Do I have to wear this? I hate how it looks..." Zane groans. "You look cute!" I gawk at him. Zane rolls his eyes and slips on his black hoodie anyways. I give him the 'are you serious?' look. "Don't worry I'll take it off once were there... it's cold anyway...I have an extra hoodie for you in my car." I smile at him and walk to the dining room. 

I find and pick up the small sticky note on the dining table. It read:

"Good Morning kiddos! I had to leave for work but I packed you guys some fruit and water. Stay hydrated! Love you!"

-Mom

I put the note down and grab the backpack of food. "My Mom packed us some fruit for today..." I tell Zane and he gives me a thimbs up. "I'll start my car." Zane leaves the house to start his car and I finish checking on things before leaving too.

"You have everything?" Zane asks as I sit in his car. "Yup." "Okay buckle up." As I click the seatbelt in place Zane's hand lays on my thigh straight away. I look at Zane in awe. He was so beautiful to look at. His crystal blue eyes, how his hair was effortlessly flawless, his impeccable choice in fashion, and his cold hard stare on the road.

hot.

"I know I'm hot but no need to drool," Zane smirks as he brings his hand up to brush against my lip. I snap my head to the road to avoid him noticing the red tint on my cheeks. We stop at the red light and I can feel Zane's eyes on me. "Hm?.." I hum and turn to look at him. Zane leans his arm on the steering wheel and rests his head on his head. 

"So pretty..." Zane lazily smiles as he caresses my face. In that very moment, I felt time stop. All sounds became inaudible and everything became fuzzy except for Zane. We stared at each other intensely slowly leaning into each other.

BEEP BEEP!

The car behind us honks making Zane and I return to reality. "ugh..." Zane groans as he steps on the gas while looking into the rearview mirror to see who honked. The drive to school continued in comfortable silence.

Once we finally arrived, we headed to the booth to sign our names. There were a lot of students in line so we filed in and waited our turn. Zane had his hands in his pockets as he observed his surroundings. "You cold?" Zane asks as he looks at me. "A little but it's fine..." I smile. "I can run to my car real quick," Zane says about to step out of the line. "can I just wear yours..." I pout. Zane sighs and pulls off his hoodie giving it to me. "Yay!" I cheer and slide into the warm fabric. "Smells so good," I sing. He laughs and looks away. 

"Zane!" A cheerful voice exclaims. I turn my head to see who it was and I wasn't surprised to see. "Oh hey Kim..." Zane greets her and she smiles widely. "Oh and Kawaii Chan! I didn't know oyu guys were into these volunteer things..." Kim says. "Well I enjoy it but Zane...not so much, but I got him to do it anyway," I explain. Kim was actually fine to talk to but its just when she does certain things that piss me off.