CHAPTER ELEVEN

Zane's Big Race and Kawaii Chan's Big Date...

(Quick reminder, the race is not at all how real drag races work but...I needed it to fit with the date sooooo....oh well enjoy!)

Noon...

"Oh my gosh, I'm so not ready for this..." I groan into my pillow. "You'll be fine...you have a great dress, a great face, great hair, great everything...there's nothing to worry about. Just make sure you bring your ass back here. Not his house. You're house." Katelyn says firmly. 

"Ew okay! Jeez! shouldn't you be at school?!" I throw a pillow at Katelyn. "Um...shouldn't you be at school?..."

"Touché." Katelyn is here to help me get mentally prepared for my date. I'm not gonna lie. I am kinda losing it. I'm nervous! What do you expect! 

"Okay, so do you know what you're going to say when he compliments you."

"Um...I say thanks..."

"Wrong! You say, 'Ugh! No, I don't!"

This is gonna be a long 2 hours with Katelyn...

Zane's POV

"Okay, so there are going to be 15 laps around the dirt course and I need you- Zane are you even paying attention?" Aaron asks rolling his eyes.

"Can I just get on the dirt." I glare. 

"Fine...I'll time you."

____

"A minute and 47 seconds! C'mon Zane what's happening? you taking one minute to get around the track?" 

Shit, It usually takes me 45 seconds...

"Sorry man I can't focus..."

"Well, you're going to have to. The race is going to start at 6:00. so get your head in the game and listen."

"Right, sorry man..."

"Good. once you guys have finished your seventh lap you guys need to pull in for a pit stop."

"Wait. who did you get?" 

"We couldn't find anyone who was available so I just brought in Laurence...He can get the job done but let's see if he can do it fast enough."

"Uh-huh...sure..."

2:30 pm

"Okay did you get all that?" 

It's been about 2 hours and a half and I am drained from Katelyn's talking. Who knew you could get tired from listening to someone talk.

"Um...No..." You expect me to write all this down?

Ding!

"Hey, my buyer is downstairs I'm gonna give this to them..be back in a sec!"

I grab the heavy bag of car parts and head downstairs.

"Hey-oh..."

"Kawaii Chan hey! I knew I was buying from the right person.."

"no offense Laurence but...why do you need car parts?...your not exactly the type to go out and buy your own parts..."  I ask handing him the bag

"Well um...they are for the race...you know since I'm gonna change Zane's tires and parts if necessary." 

Pfft. Seriously? The best they could find is Laurence?

"here you are." Laurence hands me my money and leaves.

Out of all the options...they chose Laurence?!