CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

KAWAII CHAN'S POV

I have scooted the farthest as possible away from him with my knees pointed towards my door. I look out the window and without knowing sigh deeply.

"Something on your mind?.." He asks. "Huh? Oh um...nothing..."

He notices how I'm seated, I watch his eyes stare at my position through the mirror. "You can relax you know...I won't do anything..." He says softly. 

"I...I know..." I relax a little bit and let my back hit the chair. "So...why did I need to drop you off?"

"Because I rode with Zane to school this morning and he needed to take that girl home with him because his stinkin Dad said so." I ramble and pout out annoyed. 

"Is that why you sighed so loud?" Yes. "Pfft, n-no!" 

Silence.

"Can't believe you're letting Zane hang around some girl..." He begins. "She's a nice girl." "You can't be that blind, even I see right through her bullshit. I would keep my eye on her if I were you.."

Gene looks at me with a raised eyebrow. I look at him with wide eyes. 

"Um...were here." Oh crap. "Oh, shoot sorry. T-thanks for the ride." I scramble out of the car as he pushes a few buttons on the GPS. 

I walk to my front door but Gene hasn't left yet. I turn around abruptly, "You know you can leave now right?" I say in a rude tone. 

"But you aren't inside yet..."

Oh.

My face goes red. "R-right! You don't need to do that you know!" I quickly run to the door and unlock it. 

"Bye!" Slam!

__

ZANE's POV

"Thank you for having us once again! I apologize if picking up Kim has been a hassle for Zane...our driver will take it from here now..."

Thank Irene...

Once my Father closes the front door he returns to his office and begins typing away. 

"Talk to him now!"

"Talk!"

"Hurry!"

"Father..." I open his office door slightly. "What is it? I'm busy at the moment..." He continues to type. "I wanted to talk with you..."

"Zane I just said I was,"

"About Kawaii Chan."

The typing stops and he is still in his chair. "Wait in the dining room. I'll be there in a second..." I nod and slowly close the door. I hurry to the dining room and sit in the chair. 

My Father soon after sits in front of me with his hands intertwined. "So?" "I know you were messing with my phone..." he looks at me sternly and clenches his jaw. "I don't care what you think of Kawaii Chan, but she is my girlfriend and you have to respect her. You don't have to like her but you have to respect the fact that I really lo-like her."

I have to be careful when I use the "L" word around my Father...he doesn't like it. 

"I'm impressed Zane...and I respect your decision...but I'd like to take her out to dinner..."

"Really? Wow sure um...when should I pick her up? Where should we take her,"

"No...I want to take her out to dinner. Just me and her."