CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

ZANE'S POV

"My name is Kim..."

I gave my Father a 'what the hell' look and he gave me a stern look. 

"Zane..." I shook her hand as she gave me a bright smile. "Kim's family is moving into the area and she will be attending your school soon...I thought you would help her get settled in...you know since her father and I great business partners..." My Father emphasized the words 'business partners'

Ugh. Great.

"I'm barely at school anymore are you sure you want to-" I stop my sentence as I see my Father glaring at me. 

"Alright alright...sure I'll help you out..." I say to her.  "Aw how kind of you!" 

"Excellent, Kim will be attending dinner with us later on...her parents will be there as well...I can assume you will be on your best behavior, hm Zane?" 

"Of course Father..."

 "Honey I'm home!"

Thank Irene, Mother is home. "Oh hey, Kim! Your still here?" Garroth greets Kim with a hug. "Yup! I wanted to wait and meet Zane." she blushes "Wheres Vylad?..." I ask Mother. "Oh, he's working on a school project with a friend. He said he would meet us at the restaurant later." 

My Mother takes a seat with Kim and my Father. I pull Garroth to the side. "You've met Kim already?" I ask. "Yeah...well, I first met her as a kid when her Father first did business with ours. I reconnected earlier this morning before I left." I nod my head as I comprehended the information.

"Um...i'll be back I have to make a quick phone call..." I step outside to ring Aaron.

Kawaii Chan's POV

"Ta-Da!" Aphmau yells in excitement as she dances with freshly baked cupcakes in her hands.

Ring!

Ring!

Ring!

"Oh, I gotta take this," Aaron says before leaving the kitchen. "Time to frost!" Aphmau takes a spoonful of frosting and begins to dome the cupcakes. I sit on the counter and lick the spoon. I see Aphmau eyeing me with sad eyes. "I'm alright Aphmau, really." I say to reassure her but it doesn't work. "I know but...you just look so awful..." She says referring to my bruise and cut. "It's only a couple of battle wounds...but all wounds heal. So don't worry..."

"Alright...if you say so..." 

I doze off into space thinking about Zane. I missed him and it had only been a couple of hours since he left. Aaron comes back into the kitchen with his same blank stare. It's difficult to read him at times. "Should I order some pizza?..." Aaron asks. 

"In a bit, we can have that for dinner...Oh! and we can watch a scary movie!" Aphmau suggests to which we all agree. "I can ask Zane to come over later then," I say smiling just at the thought of him. "Oh uh actually...Zane just called me saying that he's going to some dinner with his family..." Aaron says with his voice trailing off.

"Oh...its okay, why didn't he call me?..." I ask giving Aaron a concerned look. "Oh, he figured you were resting." 

"Oh..." "It's okay Kawaii Chan, we're gonna have blast later!" Aphmau says putting an arm around me. 

"Join the hug Aaron." Aphmau glares at him. "No thanks.."

"AARON!"

"okay fine!"