CHAPTER EIGHT

"...Would you go on a date with me?..."

Zane's POV

I couldn't move. I was less than 10 feet from her and I couldn't move.

"Please say no, please say no..." I kept whispering to myself.

"I would love too."

what.

"Great!"

I'm too late.

Kawaii Chan's POV

I said yes because I think Dante is a nice guy. 

It would be nice to go on a friendly date with him.

"That's great Kawaii Chan! When are you guys gonna go on that date?" Lucinda asks as we walk down the halls.

"Well, my job is done with Zane so we decided to go the day of the race."

I look over at Lucinda's shocked facial expression. 

"What?" I asked with my eyebrows scrunched

"Oh, nothing bad. I just thought you would be supporting Zane at his race, you know since you guys are like best friends or something..." I stop in my tracks and Lucinda keeps on walking.

Her words linger in my mind.

She's right I should talk to Zane. I really wanna go on this date but I want Zane to know that I'm there for him.

The Next Day...

I decided to give Zenix his stupid parts on Thursday instead of Friday. Turns out I'm busy.

"Hey, sweetcheeks you got something for me?" Zenix stomps on his cigarette and combs his fingers through his hair.

"Don't call me that and yes. Yes, I do." I crouch down and open the duffle bag full of heavy car parts.

"Nice...Oh and one more thing.." I go to stand up and Zenix wraps his arms around my waist.

"Piss off!" I elbow his nose and hurry off.

"Ow! Stupid tramp!"

Zane's POV

"Dude, you have to get up." Aaron and Aphmau are at my house at 5:45 am. On a school day.

Why you may ask?

Well, after what had happened I ditched the rest of school smushed the ice cream on Dante's car and left school early. I didn't respond to anyone's phone calls or messages. 

Clearly, some people don't understand the meaning of 'piss off.'

"Zane. I know you're really bummed about Kawaii Chan but I can talk to her if you want." Aphmau says playing with my hair.

"No. There's no point. If she wants to date Dante then so be it."

"Zane. This is just one date you can't assume they are going to get married. I see the way you guys look at each other. Trust me I can assure you. She feels something towards you."

"I think you have to let her know how you feel."

"What? No! I'm not doing that!" I groan getting out of bed. 

"Well, at least she'll know."

"We'll see you at school."

Aaron and Aphmau start walking out of my room.

"And Zane...think about what I said."

At School...

Kawaii Chan's POV

I sit on a bench watching the people who enter the parking lot.

"Where is he..." I mumble.

Then I see a familiar sleek black car park right next to mine.

A smile creeps onto my face as I sling my backpack over my shoulder and hastily walk over to him.

"Hey Zane, I missed you yesterday." I look at Zane's face. His eyes were red and he looked tired.

Very tired.

"Oh yeah, I uh... wasn't really feeling it yesterday..."

Liar.

"Well, the most exciting thing happened to me yesterday." Zane leans back on the hood of his car as he stares me down.

"Dante asked me out yesterday! He's a nice guy so I said yes." I smile and Zane's facial expression doesn't change from his bland one.

"Yeah, that's um great...So you coming to my race?" 

Oh Irene, here we go.

"Actually that's something I wanted to talk about...Well, I thought you wanted to focus more on the race and I'm sure you already have a mechanic at hand for the race...so Dante is taking me out the day of the race..."

Zane's face drops

"I thought you would at least come to my race Kawaii Chan. You know I would mean a great deal to me! Your bailing on me for a stupid date!?"

"Hey! It isn't stupid!" 

"You can't go on that date," Zane says lighting a cigarette.

"Excuse me? Now you're telling me what I can't do? You do you think you are!" 

"I thought you would support me at my big race! You know the one that I'm trying to win so I can save your ass from jail! Or did you forget!"

I just remembered the reason I even ended up fixing Zane's stupid car. I owe someone a lot of money. Like a lot.

"No. I didn't forget. and no matter what you will give me the money if you win. Because I what? Fixed your damn car!"

All the yelling in the parking lot started drawing a lot of attention to us. 

My eyes began to water. I didn't know whether to be angry at Zane or myself.

"You can't date him Kawaii Chan!" Zane's voice started to break.

"What why?!" I was mad. Who does he think he is? He can't tell me what to do.

"Because...Just cause!"

"Give me one good reason why I can't date him, Zane, Give me one good reason!"

Silence.

"That's what I thought..." Tears started going down my face as I started walking away from him.

"Because..."

I turn around to see tears in his eyes.

"Because...Because I'm in love with you Kawaii Chan!" 

What do you expect me to say to that? There's nothing I can say.

"I'm going on that date Zane. I'm sorry...Good luck with your race."

A/N: This chapter got me MESSED UP. Let your feelings out in the comments.

Don't forget to Vote!

Word count: 951

.