CHAPTER TEN

Thursday...Tomorrow is the race

Kawaii Chan's POV

Let me tell you. The hours seem to go by even slower the closer the race gets.

"So Kawaii Chan, I think that the formula- Kawaii Chan? Hello?" 

"Oh sorry, Katelyn I was just thinking about something..." Ugh, can that stupid bell ring already?

"Ooo is someone excited about their date?" Katelyn sings wiggling her eyebrows. "Yeah, I am actually!..." I smile. "Well that's great you should be! Forget about that mean ol' Zane."

Easier said than done...

Dante's POV

"So where are you gonna bring her?" Cadenza asks me. "I hope it's somewhere romantic!"

"Oh um I was thinking of bringing her to the city for the night. Maybe we could go to Olive Garden or something..." 

"Are you kidding me?! Olive Garden?!" Cadenza yells.

Zane's POV

"Are you kidding me?! Olive Garden?!"

I look over to where the yelling was coming from and it was from a table not too far from mine. At the noisy table sat Cadenza and Dante. 

Ugh.

"Pfft. He's taking her to Olive Garden. What an idiot." I mumble to myself. "Big race tomorrow Zane good luck!" Some girls in my grade say to me as they walk by.

I throw my head in my hands and groan. 

"Still hurts man?" Aaron asks and pats my back. "Like hell." "It's alright man there are plenty of other girls out there and-"

"He has blue fricken hair!"

"He does but-"

"He's brothers with Gene!"

"Zane I-"

"I'm way better looking than him!"

"Okay, Okay, easy there tiger...let's relax a little..." 

I inhale and exhale. 

"If you really love her...let her be free to make her own decisions and move on..."

Easier said than done...

I arrive back home and slip out of my clothes and slam my face into the pillow. I was overwhelmed by the number of emotions I was feeling. 

"Go to sleep...go to sleep..." I flip over so now I'm facing the ceiling. "Why him..?" I ask myself

"fuck this..." I get up from my bed put some pants on and grab a flannel. 

No time for shirts right now.

I grab my car keys and once again I'm out the door...twice in one night.

Dante's house...

I park in front of the house and step out. I step out and see a window with Dante on the phone. 

"Hey dipshit!" I say while cupping my hands around my mouth. "Zane?! why the hell are you here?! and shut up my Mother is sleeping?!" Dante whisper yells.

"Just come outside." "Fine, be there in a sec."

"Woah, what's up with the bunny slippers hm?" "Did you come here to insult me or what?" 

"Fine fine...look I know that you are going on a date with Kawaii Chan and I...I um..." "You what?"

"I want you to give the best night of her life okay?... I was supposed to but she clearly doesn't want me...so..please, let her have a good time.  Take her somewhere that is only special, somewhere that she won't forget. Do something that she won't forget..like.... Dance with her under the stars...make her feel special...because she is..she deserves so much more..."

"Yeah...got it..."

"Take care of her Dante..."

A/N: This chapter was quick lol I'm so excited to write the next chapter, working on it right now actually. It'll be out soon!

Don't

Forget

To

Vote!

I love you all!