44 | golden red

A/N: Low! This chapter is long for emphasizing purposes! Enjoy reading!

⚠️: Sexual harrassment, blood.

Hussey looks at Jisung, face in confusion as he sat infront of her with a serious face

Hussey looks at Jisung, face in confusion as he sat infront of her with a serious face. Days have gone by and it surprised her to see him inside the library, added with solemnity. He stared at her, straight in the eyes without a sense of humor.

She peacefully stopped writing, putting her pen down and equalled the intensity Jisung was giving her. Head up high, she raised her brows and her eyes glared at him.

"Aaaah! Why can't I do it the same as yours?!"

Jisung's seriousness faded, pouting at the glaring girl that made him nervous. "You look so scary like that, I can't compete!" He whisper-shouted. Hussey slowly shook her head, sighing with a faint smile at his childlike-ness.

"Why are you here?" Hussey looked down on her notes, her forehead creasing for a minute before closing it and clutching on it. Jisung saw this and hums, "It's just that, you didn't have lunch with us since Tuesday, you're always here."

She looks at him, eyes wary and tired, giving an apologetic smile. "Yeah. Sorry about that, I have so much in my plate right now." She reasons out immediately making Jisung startled at the sudden apology from the Yuna.

"No. That's not what I meant... uhm, I'm just curious if something happened between you and Kai again. You two, uhm, looked pretty bothered the whole week." Jisung scrunches his face, looking away a little bit.

Hussey looks at him, somehow surprised at the topic she brought up. I know why he's bothered, he's still trying to figure things out. She thought. "No. We're fine. Why.. did he say something about me?" She simply asks, her eyes squinting at him to make sure he won't lie.

She was already sure that Kai didn't say anything, because if he did, she wouldn't be able to talk or sit with them that Monday. But nothing unsual happened except for him getting preoccuppied. He may unconsciouly pry on other people's businesses, but he doesn't let others pry on it too. That was one thing Hussey appreciated upon analyzing him.

Jisung widened his eyes, "N-No! He didn't. I just noticed it." He answers. Hussey smirked, "See? He didn't say anything, that means we're fine.." I guess. "Why? What did you notice?" She blinks her eyes abruptly, feigning ignorance to distract Jisung's thoughts.

But instead of shrugging it off, he exhales in a sad tone and says, "I know you two sometimes argue, but it's weird that you sit face to face, are batchmates but you don't say a word to each other. Yeojin is really bothered about you two. And don't even get me started with you not having lunch with us, it seems like you two are avoiding each other as much as possible. It's rather hopeless." Jisung rests his head on his right palm, staring away with a sigh.