27 | break in

Taehyun yawned and leaned on the mirror in the dance practice room, he reached for his bruised forehead that was  subtly hidden because of strands of hair fallen down. He groaned when he felt a slight stinging pain.

After the night he was almost mugged, he woke up in a hospital bed with his sister sitting on the edge, she told him that a girl callled 'Chaeryeong' called her and his Father to go to the hospital, and also that Chaeryeong found him with some of the other trainees and offered to deliver him to the hospital.

He squinted his eyes, he was taken to questioning about the person who knocked him out but he just can't remember! All he remembers was the mint watch and the silver tag necklace that figure wore in saving him.

"Are you sure you're alright? You can skip if you want." Mijoo suddenly appeared and sat beside him, she had the familiar worrying face that Taehyun always make fun of. He shrugged and chuckled, "I am. Don't worry too much, it was just a light concussion. The worst thing that might happen is me going pyscho because of that hit."

Mijoo nodded and sighed in relief, they both sat silent on the floor and watched the others practice. Taehyun glanced at her, she was playing with a necklace hanging around her neck that made him suspicious. "Mijoo, thank you for the help that night, it might have gone too far if you didn't find me." He smiles.

She huffs and giggles, "You'd be dead if I didn't." She throws a light punch on his left arm which Taehyun reacted with him being hurt. They were goofing around like always but Taehyun noticed her sighing. "What's wrong?" He asks.

Mijoo took a deep breath and pulled the tag on her necklace, she held it and smiled a little. "I miss Hamin." Her voice slowed down, Taehyun tilted his head and said, "Me too. Can't believe he left like that." He pouted and brushed his hair back, he looked at the tag and smiled, "I left mine at the mansion."

The girl glared at him and smacked his head. "Why would you leave it like that?! It's the only thing he left to us and—" She stopped speaking midway and panted, her eyes suddenly glossed that made him sigh. He smiled softly and opened his arms, "Come here."

Mijoo whimpered as tears fell, she moved forward to hug him tight. "I-I was so worried seeing you like that! I didn't know what to do... I thought you'd die." She sobs on his neck, Taehyun shushed her while gently caressing her hair. He sighed, "Is that the reason why you're wearing that again?" He asks silently but didn't get and answer, instead, she cried on his neck, not minding the other trainees watching them intently.

"Sorry to interrupt, but Mijoo, the mentor asked for you."

They both flinched hearing a tiny voice near them, Mijoo let go of Taehyun to look at the person who owns the voice just to see Judy. Judy was staring at them innocently, the only thing that was weird was her forced smile. Taehyun whispered, "Wash your face. You'll be in trouble if he sees you like that." Making Mijoo nod and excuse herself.

After that little interaction, Judy watched her move away, and was left standing near Taehyun who was looking at her. He took a deep breath, "Chae—" He stopped when Judy walked away making him embarrassed. He stood and stretched to follow her. He felt somehow responsible for letting the her that kind of affection with her, the others may be slightly used to it as they were in the company longer than her, she might be surprised, right?

He followed her walk outside the practice room #3, walking behind her when she suddenly halted that made him almost bump into her. He heard her sigh before walking again, he followed her so obviously that he didn't even try looking away when she glances at him. He found himself on the studio room #5, where they practice vocals. For now, everyone was busy with their dance practices for the upcoming performance showcase, the voice lessons were on hold to let them focus on it.

Judy sat on the chair where there mentor always sits, she took her phone out and focused on it, making Taehyun feel awkward as he was just standing infront of her. Why the heck am I so nervous about this? I just need to thank her, jeez! He took his time trying to gather confidence that he didn't notice her staring at him, Judy was somehow amazed at the ignorance, she smirked when he flinched seeing her already looking.

"O-Oh, Chaeryeong. I'd like to thank you about the other night, it was a big help." He says, his eyes wandering as he can't look at her straight. He felt like he would be scolded by her expression, he couldn't find the good-girl Chaeryeong he met at class, but he carried on.

Judy gave a smile, "It's okay. Everyone would do the same. Just please don't walk home alone during that hour, it was already given something like that happens if you do it every single night." She softly says, a little annoyed about it. I'm trying my best to keep you safe so please do your best also. She thought and sighed.

Taehyun pursed his lips and nodded like a kid, "Y-Yeah, sorry about that." He uttered that made Judy crease her forehead, "Sorry? Why?" She curiously asks making Taehyun almost shit his pants. Yeah! Why the hell did you say sorry?! The hell Taehyun?! What are you gonna say then?! Sorry because you feel like saying it?! Sorry because you feel like there is something you did wrong?! I'm so dumb!

Judy waited for a response, she almost laughed seeing him off guard and internally panicking what to say next. "It's alright whatever it is. Mijoo almost had a heart-attack seeing you like that. I'm glad to be of help." She tried her best saying it sincere as she can, she then flashed a grin and looked at her phone again.

Taehyun watched her and cussed. Even after that, he felt like he did something wrong!

"Um— Mijoo is like that because when we were in high school, we met someone here that became close to us. We were always together until freshmen college year, he had to move out, he gave us dog-tags that had our names carved in it after spending his last day with us. When we were heading home, uhm, I had to go home quickly because of an emergency, he walked her home then some drunk guys messed with them. He died... protecting her... the night before he had to move.. and she couldn't do anything about it... good thing someone saw them and helped. That's why she's  always worried about things like that, and that's why she cried awhile ago and hugged me."

Judy blinked abruptly with her mouth hanging. That... was? Wow. He explained the whole story that easily... She was still in shock. Taehyun was staring down, memories flashed in his mind when he realized what he did, he bit his lower lips. "Shit! I'm sorry for that! I-I..." He was speechless. Why the heck did I open up just because of her mentioning of worried Mijoo?! What the fuck is happening with me?! What the fuckening fuck?! It all happened so fast. Shit! I'm so embarrassed. What the fuck Taehyun?!

Judy noticed him being nervous, he looked like he wanted to go out in an instant. She pouted. His outburst suddenly happened that fast that surprised her so much. She still haven't done her plan of knowing him personally... but here he is. Judy watched him panic internally once again, he maybe need someone to open up since he doesn't want Mijoo to see him vulnerable.

"Do.. you miss him?"

Taehyun widened his eyes at the sudden question, he looked at her, her eyes weren't that intimidating like how it was awhile ago, she looked so sincere that made him feel at peace. The worry was gone inside of him, like he was already forgiven for the fault he couldn't bare to point out. He nodded and smiled sadly.

"Yeah. I should've stayed with them that night. I could've helped them." Taehyun says calmly, but his eyes were getting glossy. Judy sighs, you look so hard to break in, didn't know you're already opened. Judy motioned for him to come close, he does and then leaned down. Judy  reaches our for his hair to ruffle it, "Cheer up, Taehyun." She flashes a cute smile that almost melted him.

He slowly suppressed a smile and looked at her. He was leaning down but he didn't feel uncomfortable. For the first time, he didn't feel uneasy after an outburst, it was like he was talking to the Chaeryeong he met the first time. His eyes slowly looked down, then he notices something familiar.

She also has a tag necklace like him and Mijoo.

###