60 | from afar

What do we do when someone's Mom just died?

Beomgyu blinked to himself while trying to figure it out. The room was full of sympathy with words of comfort thrown in between, and honestly, it felt more suffocating than the recitations for his classes.

When was the last time he sat with a group to talk about non-academic stuffs? Kindergarten? No, even that time all the kids wanted was to borrow his bright and many coloring pencils. He glanced at the silent girl beside him, even Joanne looked tuned in!

She was also throwing in some remarks then and there, like she'd known the woman ever since. "I hope you know it's not your fault, we all have been threatened. To lose someone... it sucks to say that we saw it coming." Beomgyu sighs after hearing what Taehyun said.

He was amazed by how well he connected with everyone, well-spoken and social? How he wished he was the latter. Yeonjun hung his head low, looking down that made everyone silent. He nudged Joanne who was also waiting, she looked at him with raised brows, mouthing a "What?" In which he answers with a small smile.

"You guys..." Yeonjun suddenly speaks, slowly raising his head with a pitiful expression. "Drink, right?"

Followed with a long silence, Beomgyu and the rest of the boys unknowingly looked at the girls beside them at the same face that said, "Let's give him a chance, his Mother is dead."

Joanne couldn't help but scoff at the cute expression infront of her. She raised her brows, "Isn't this gonna be your first time?" Hauntingly dull yet Beongyu could still sense her worry for him. He smiled a little bit, making sure sadness was also seen. If pity was tge only thing that would mean Joanne's approval, so be it.

It was what he wanted, he knew it damn well. He had hoped for this moment and he is never gonna let it slip away. It was funny, actually, when other young adults his age dream of something so big; to be a CEO, or maybe something so deep; to be proud of themselves. Yet here he is, bucket list full of shallow movements like having to play in an arcade and getting drunk with somebody.

Can you blame him though? Years spent alone, sheltered, and molded into prison, to feel free was the only thing that will satiate his fixed life. Joanne is a chance, probably the only chance that would save him. And the set up isn't even permanent. There are things that he can do only with her around, things that he will look back at ten years from now and not regret it. Only with her, and he wasn't gonna waste it.

Joanne taps his leg where her hand rested, "Fine." She nods to the wide-smiled boy infront of her.

The boys settled in the living room, with Lucy's strict command that they couldn't leave the mansion. Meanwhile, Lucy called for the girls. They went to the bunker, silence engulfing them with the boys' chatters in the background fading as they close the door.