30 | captain's ball

"Are we seriously taking it here?"

Beomgyu rolled his eyes hearing Joanne's whine, again. Ever since he had decided to do the project with her, he wished that it won't backfire from what he felt that day. I should have decided rationally, not emotionally. He thought.

Do not let your emotions get the best of you, do not let it manipulate your decisions so easily. Do not decide when you are at peak, you will regret it later on.

He remembered what his Father told him, he glanced at Joanne who had a blank face while her eyes roamed around the big basketball court. She had her eyeglasses up to her head while her hands were raised at the back of her head— why the hell does she even wear those if she's not gonna use it? Beomgyu thought. Did I even do the right thing? She's plain annoying.

Joanne noticed this, his expression slowly turned sour. "Hey! You were backstabbing me with your thoughts!" She declared, smacking his back a little. Beomgyu quickly denied this and said, "What are you even saying?! Let's start taking pictures!"

She watched how he carefully took his camera, then she sighed. "Again. Where would I spot something heavenly pleasing here? All I see is sweaty boys with big muscles!" She reacted, her eyes fixed on the boys on court. Judging from their built, they were probably Seniors.

Beomgyu flicked her forehead, not scared of her reaction. "Who said you'll take pictures of the players?! You just need visualizes! Like those!" He said then pointed at the huge glass windows that flaunted the blue skies with it's cotton candy-like clouds. She nodded a little when she understood this, taking a breath before rebutting.

"So are we literally taking pictures of the heavens because we're talking about heavenly divine?" She mocked, giving the are-you-serious look to the lad. Beomgyu wanted to blow up right then and there, "You just can't shut up, can you?" He scowled.

Joanne gave a fake smile. Beomgyu huffed and touched the camera's sling that hung around his neck. "You have a better idea then?" He asked, his head tilted watching her think. She looked like she was thinking deep then snapped her fingers. "Aha! Since we are talking about ethereal, it literally means something delicate or too perfect in this world."

She expressed her words with some gestures, drawing some things that made Beomgyu confused. "If that's what it means, we should take pictures of perfect things!" She beamed proudly, "Like roses!" She added.

Beomgyu smirked, "There are no such things as 'perfect'." He contradicts, Joanne huffs then says, "I just said roses!"

"Roses may be beautiful but they have thorns that can hurt you. They're not perfect."

"That's what make them perfect! A balance between the good and bad, a bit of evil. Being imperfect is what makes us perfect." She blustered, widening her eyes as her head popped with her words. Beomgyu's smile faded. "Perfect literally means flawless, accurate, wholesome." He explained like a teacher.

Joanne rolled her eyes at this. "You can keep your brain dictionary out of my original defined by Ryujin book! Being flawless is very boring, being amiss is very difficult, humans are placed in between, it's up to them what side they show." She lectured him with a frown.

Joanne swore that she was just making it all up, as one of the system's core was being excellent, excelling to the highest peak of their lives. They were taught to be the absolute, to aim power, to fly with colors. But what happened to that core? She simply didn't know. Her beliefs that were influenced by the system was long gone because of her. She opened her eyes to see what's really going on, that made her turn back to those cores. At that point, she embraced the word she was avoiding ever since, hypocrite. She hated what she was doing, but she still continued. She is doing what she was tasked to, but she turned away to those beliefs and core values.