09 | the sweet kwon

•

Judy smiled to the students upon her arrival, her bow made everyone give a soft smile to her, actually liking her personality. One of them walked to her, "You're new, am I right?" The boy asked as his dimples show, Judy could only nod to answer.

She reached school early to check the CCTVs, after her duty, she headed straight to her room. She was surprised to see the room almost full even if there were still thirty minutes left before class starts.

Everyone welcomed her warmly but she was stuck standing just after the doorway to greet them. She needed to be friendly and approachable, she didn't mind about her character but she's impatient, she can get pissed quickly.

"I'm Yang Jeongin, by the way." The boy introduces. "Uh, Chaeryeong, Kwon Chaeryeong." Her eyes wandered around and fell at the boy who was seated on a corner, earphones in his ears while writing.

Jeongin furrowed his brows at the familiar surname, "Perhaps, you know a redhead Kwon?" Judy's attention came back to the boy infront of her, she creased her forehead.

"Redhead?" She asks again, curiousity filling up. Her mind thinking about a specific person, "Kwon... Yuna?" Jeongin nodded, "You know her?" Judy's mouth fell agape, how could he know Yuna that fast?! And what will she tell him?!

She deeply thought about it for seconds and immediately had the idea of brushing it off and just say someone she knows,

"Uh-"

"Innie! Come here for a sec!" Her ears rang, the voice was so familiar to her. Her mind once again processing to remember when Jeongin spoke.

"Oh! Chaeryeong, I'll just go outside for a minute, we can talk later. See you!" He bids and walks pass her, Judy eyed his steps towards the door, she then saw a glimpse of the boy who called Jeongin out.

Was that?! She looked at the door again to check but he wasn't there anymore. Judy bit her lower lip, brushing it off. Maybe just someone who looks like Sam. She mumbles, making her way to her targetted mission.

"Is someone sitting here?" She politely asked the girls infront of the chair, she pointed the seat next to Taehyun who was focused on writing. The girls gave a smile, "Yes. But I suggest not to disturb Taehyun, that boy." A pretty girl answered her as she gestures Taehyun. I know. Judy thoughts.

"I'm Hyejoo, she's Yerim." The two girls introduces with a smile. Judy also smiled, "Chaeryeong." She says.

"Hi Chaeryeong! You can sit there, just take my advice, Taehyun is pretty busy." Hyejoo whispers and minded their business. Judy muttered a thank you before settling.

She took a deep breath. Be friendly, Judy. She brushes her hair back, and relaxes her composture. She leaned on the long table and rested her chin on her left hand, to see what the boy was writing.

Judy widened her eyes as she read the words on the latter's notebook, "I'm not gonna fight back what I've become, I've got bruises where I came from. But I wouldn't change if I could restart. I'm not gonna hide these beautiful scars." She mumbled.

She then realized that it was all in English. Then it hit her; he was writing lyrics. She bit her lower lip, the lyrics were deep and meaningful, also beautiful. She awed at the boy's choice of words, she really liked it.

Meanwhile, Taehyun noticed words mumbled near him. He took off his earphones just to see a girl leaning near him. He was about to ask her to move aside but was caught off guard when he heard her reading the lyrics he wrote.

He creased his forehead when the girl got silent and just stared at it, she looked shocked and amazed. That made him giggle, he couldn't recognize the girl so it meant she was new or he just didn't notice her the past months.

Impossible. Taehyun thought, it would be really impossible for her not to be noticed by him, she had a different glow that shone thru their room; almost replacing the sunrays.

He cleared his throat to get her attention, Judy got startled and looked at Taehyun. Her eyes widened once again to see the boy near her and looking at her. "Um, can you please move aside?" She heard him.

"Dritt." She mumbled realizing she was leaning on him and leaned back, moving away. Taehyun chuckled at the action,

"You're new?" He asks full of respect, not taking the formal tone. Judy couldn't look at him and just stared at his notes. "Y-Yes, Chaeryeong is the name." She answers, trying to build up confidence.

The boy smiled, "I'm Taehyun. Are you also a Sophomore?" He questions again, hoping for her to answer yes, that means they were the same age.

Judy finally looked at him, she was thankful the boy was curious about her, that simply meant she didn't have to do stuffs to get his attention. "Yep. You can talk to me informally." She smiles, Taehyun gave a nod.

The two sat in silence for a minute before Judy asked him, "Is this yours, originally?" She pointed at the lyrics. Taehyun got nervous, he was scared that she didn't like it or whatever, in the end, he nodded.

Judy beamed a smile, "The lyrics are great! It's deep and meaningful. You write well." She compliments. He sighs in relief, "Thanks, you can read English?" Judy almost scoffed. I was born in that language. She thoughts but just smiled and nodded.

Her mind still intact of the mission, "Are all of you fluent here?" She questions and scans the room, checking to see if someone was suspicious. Licking her lips, she was relieved that no one was staring at them.

Taehyun answered, "Nope. It's just, I learned the language when I was young, it's a family tradition." Judy gave him a look, ten minutes into chatting and she already has a bit of information about him. She gave a smile, "That's cool!"

"Is it?"

"Yeah." The latter giggled at the cheery yet calm girl, he then took his pencil again to write, ten minutes left before class starts, why not make the most of it?

He was in deep thought what to add when he hears a humm from his side, Judy used a ballpen to hit it to the table, creating a beat. She then looked around, still looking for suspicious students with Taehyun's lyrics still in her mind,

"I'm not gonna fight back what I've become." She silently sang with her own melody,

"Yeah, I've got bruises where I came from." She sings again, adding an adlib to match her own beat, she was enjoying it.

"But I wouldn't change back if I could restart." Taehyun stared at the enjoying girl who was busy scanning the students' faces, she was still singing with the beat.

"I ain't gonna hide these beatiful scars." She completes it, unaware that she changed the lyrics. Taehyun was still in shock, he was deeply amazed at her voice and the melody.

Judy continued to humm the melody, yet Taehyun stared at her. He bit her lower lip to stuffle a smile, beautiful.

###