❤SIX❤

It's almost noon and Jasmine and I are still playing when she rushes to the washroom. I hear the matron call us all for a brief meeting, I am one of the most obedient students since well, I don't want to be beaten.

"Hello, I know you are probably asking yourselves why I called you here. I will get to that as soon as you tell me how you are enjoying the year so far," there are murmurs all over of kids giggling and talking among themselves but it stops when or prefect gets up...

"Madam Christine, our year so far is marvelous, honest, but it only got better now that you are here." She says as she gives a small sweet smile.

"Oh well, thats one of the best news I have heard today, but I am going to do something that might change all your lives. You know how we always get kids adopted every year, well this year its gonna be the same. Although it hurts us as your guardians... It must be done, due to some unheard of reasons... I hope you all bear with me, so we are going to have new faces today, well have a blast day ahead," she says dismissively.

I go around with my usual duties and am happy that I don't get called to the office, since well, I don't want another family am happy here with Jasmine and a few other new friends I made.

"Liz! Liz! Come on let's go play tag..." I hear Michael saying. Michael is one of Jasmine's best friends and he is very nice. He is slightly taller than me and in the few days I have been here, he has been nice to me.

I really enjoy his company always telling us stories of his dreams, and ready to help in a heartbeat. He is like one of those super loyal friends that can even take a bullet for you. He is also playful which makes him fun to hang with.

"Okay!" I say as I start running after him. I never catch him, but I always hold on to a hope that one day I will. We play around until its time for lunch, and I adore food. Have you met me?

We have our meal in peace up until I hear my name being called, am a bit nervous, so I start running through everything negative I might have done through my time here. Once satisfied that I haven't been a bad girl I walk more confidently to the office.

"Do you know why am being called to the office?" I ask trying to be friendly with the prefect.

"Actually I do, you are being adopted by a nice family, am Stephanie by the way..." She says and smiles at me then continues, " you are so lucky, you know that. They might choose you over Jasmine, they say she seems too tamed. And Jasmine has been trying to get adopted ever since she was three. She doesn't tell anyone but her mother during her birth. And no one from her family wanted her, they have never even visited her you know... But forget all that, just smile and be yourself, this might be your lucky day."

Wow so much for gossip now I don't even want to get adopted, this place is not so bad after all.

"What about you... Don't you want to get adopted?" I asked her.

"Oh me, my father is going through a legal process to prove that he is no longer under drugs to come get me.." She says.

"You are so lucky." I tell her as well finally approach the secretary's office. I look around the huge space with a bench on it facing directly to the madam's office and make myself comfortable there.

"You are on your own now, good luck," she says as she leaves me.

Smiling, I start imagining what it would feel like having a loving mom, a dad who is more than ready to raise you.. Going to school without being excluded from school activities, that would pretty much more than I could ever ask for. I am too lost in my own thoughts that I do not even see the gorgeous lady taking a seat next to me.