❤EIGHT❤

They say love is a fiction of a feeling, I guess that is true. One minute someone is smiling with you, and the next, let's just say ends in chaos although that is understating it. I have always had a fear of not being liked and so far, no one likes me genuinely I mean. My adoptive parents for instance; they said they adored me until well the adoption went through.

"Hi Helena, its been two days and I missed you already," I squeal as she pulls me in for a bear hug.

"Elizabeth, I missed you too. How have you been, and who is this?" She asks pointing at Jasmine with a raised brow.

I notice that today she is not accompanied by Damien but don't actually ask a question, I don't want to seem nosy or anything. Her outfit as usual is stunning she is clad in a blue off shoulder dress with a high slit and matching boots. She looks like the models from the magazines, stunning.

"Hi, am Jasmine. And I love the way you look." She says flashing her award winning smile. I had told her that Helena loves when people tell her how smart and beautiful she is and Jasmine has always been quite the sweet talker, this is one of the few times that her words and beauty come in handy.

"Why thank you little princess, you look well not so nice, but I bet you clean up nice." Helena says honestly and I see a flash of hurt cross through Jasmine's eyes. I hold her hand to give it a small squeeze but she yanks it away as if my touch burns. Suddenly, tension starts building up. I feel suffocated in all that free space so I act up by clearing my throat.

"Ahem, Helena, Jasmine and I were wondering if its possible to take us in together, I know its a lot to ask for but then we are like sisters. Am sorry if am already asking for favors yet its only our third meeting, I should not even have brought it up. Helena I--" before I can even go on, Helena interrupts me.

"Oh my sweet Lizzy, of course we'll keep her if it makes you happy." She says smiling slightly. I can see a hint of anger but she carefully masks it with an award winning smile, "I will tell Damien about it."

I can't remember the last time Jasmine ever glared at me like she is doing now, oh wait I do; the previous Saturday when she thought I was getting adopted. I feel like I have met her but she is changing, I feel like she hates me for being liked more by Helena. I feel like I owe her an explanation about what is happening just that I don't know what to tell her.

"Hi girls," the matron says with a smile snapping me back to reality. I quietly thank her with my eyes, though she doesn't know, she just saved me from the growing tension between Jasmine and I some how even Helena.

"Hi Matron," jasmine and I say in unison.

"I hope you are doing great girls, but I wish to steal Helena from you for a minute or two. She'll be back before you can even say Abracadabra." She says as he face turns gleam with happiness and a hint of irritation.

I give her a small nod and they both leave. I let out a breath I did not even know I was holding. For a moment too soon, I forget the real problem at hand; dealing with a jealous stroke angry Jasmine, and trust me its harder than it sounds.

❣❣❣❣❣present❣❣❣

I writh on the bed as the memories of the activities of the evening start coming back to me. A jolt of pain runs on the side of my neck when I try to move it, for a moment I let myself think I have been turned into a vampire. I slowly blink my eyes when the reality dawns to me, am not on my bed or my room. I drown in the light green walls, matching curtains and matching bedsheets. The room also comes with an unwelcomed nostalgia, it seems so familiar.