Chapter 17 - Excitement

Začít od začátku

"I checked Erchyll's workplaces and found out which one he would inspect next.", he said and despite her anger, Serena's mood rose slightly.

"Indeed? And where will that be?", she asked euphorically, because obviously a new possibility opened up before her to find Erchyll.

"In the north of London, Lady Serena.", her butler replied immediately, "However, this will only be the case in two weeks.".

Serena's mood was immediately dampened again. Only in two weeks, it shot through her head disappointed. What should she do all the time until then? Embroider handkerchiefs and continue to build resentment on her butler?

"Are you sure?", Serena asked, even if she already knew the answer. Sebastian raised an eyebrow briefly and for a tiny little moment it was as if Serena could see in it the old amusement he used to show when she questioned him. But then the expression immediately disappeared and he nodded curtly.

"Yes, I am, my lady.", he said matter-of-factly and disappointed, Serena turned her back on him. Nor did she know exactly what to expect, but somehow she had expected to get the chance to face Erchyll.

"Well, then we have to be patient until then.", she said quietly and folded her arms, "You can go now, Sebastian.".

She didn't look at him anymore and just looked out of the window. Behind her, Serena heard her butler quietly leave the room and finally gently close the door behind her. Two weeks, she thought. Two weeks in which she had to wait to meet Erchyll. Would her relationship with Sebastian still be as distant and strange in two weeks as it was?

It was actually so distant and strange. Like a quarreling couple, they only had a brief conversation and poisoned themselves with every little thing. Serena had felt this time as an agony and she had never experienced dealing with Sebastian as so tense.

But finally the day had come when, according to Sebastian's information, Erchyll would inspect one of his workplaces. Actually, she had longed for the day when she would meet him again, but due to her lousy mood due to Sebastian, she couldn't really feel euphoria.

They left early in the morning. The farm they were aiming for was between Luton and Stevenage. A large farm building was enthroned in the middle of picturesque meadows peppered with numerous flocks of sheep. Serena actually liked the english landscape and as a child she could have just watched the flocks of sheep on the lush, green meadows for hours. But since she knew that exactly this picturesque spot of earth would soon be facing one of the men who had destroyed her life, she could not really look forward to the pretty sight.

It almost struck Serena that a man like Erchyll ran a sheep farm. She would have expected an arms factory or so, but not something like that. But she couldn't care less, she gritted her teeth, because soon he wouldn't have much of this farm anymore.

It was still early in the morning, so the farm was still quiet. From a safe distance, below a small group of trees, Sebastian and Serena stood looking at the building and were silent again. Serena glanced briefly at her butler, who seemed to be watching a few sheep nearby.

For a moment she had to pull herself together so as not to sigh. Looking at him from the side made her heart beat faster and she found herself looking closely at his shapely profile. At the same time, however, she felt a stab in the heart because he looked stubborn. He used to turn his head and smile at her lightly and a little cheekily. So she quickly looked back at the farm building and cleared her throat for a moment.

"When will he come?", she asked, trying not to look at him again.

"That should be the case soon.", Sebastian replied immediately, "According to my information, his inspection is due very early.".