Chapter 8 - Red

Attention, violence is mentioned in this chapter!

As his eyes widened in horror and as he drew in a sharp breath through his mouth, Serena knew he had recognized her. And she liked the expression on his face, which now seemed even more frightened.

"Sinister ...", he stammered softly and croaking, "Sinister ...". Serena raised an eyebrow in question and looked down at him coldly. Probably his brain was so dizzy from the panic that permeated him that he could not make decent phrases, she guessed.

"I'm glad you remember me.", Serena replied and just could not make the wicked grin disappear from her face. She enjoyed this situation too much and tasted her triumph.

"But that ... you should not be here.", he managed in a thin voice, and Serena raised an eyebrow coldly in a cold hearted way.

"Should not I be here because you sold me, my mother and my little brother back then? Because you thought I was still sitting in some cellar of a wealthy pervert, living my life there?", she growled, feeling the cold rage slowly creeping up inside her.

"I ... I ...", he stammered on, while Serena now slowly came towards him and leisurely pulled out a long, narrow knife, which she had plugged in just before their departure. Panic, Fiaid's eyes wandered to the knife in her hand, and his tremor grew even stronger.

"Te ... tell me what you want. We can certainly come to an agreement.", he now tried to avert the impending disaster and Serena was sure that it took all his strength not to let his voice cancel. A scornful snort escaped Serena and she felt that she could not stay that quiet for much longer. Everything about him turned her into hate and rage. Even in this situation, he still tried to change her mind with money or other possessions. As if there was nothing else in this world, Serena thought angrily and pressed her jaws tightly together. She kept on walking slowly, because she just could not stop. It was as if her body almost automatically moved towards him.

"As if there's anything that I want from you.", Serena hissed like an aggressive snake and narrowed her eyes to slits. Now she stood directly in front of him and looked down at him, in his wide-open eyes. Single veins already appeared on his face, testifying to his fear and despair.

Slowly, Serena leaned down and grabbed him by the neck with her left hand. She felt the wetness of the sweat on his skin and grimaced in disgust, for this was anything but pleasant. But in this way, she had better control over him. With her right hand, she continued to hold the knife and put it threatening to his throat as his breath became shorter and flatter.

With a cold, terrifying expression on her face, she leaned in slightly, so that their faces were close together. His disgusting smell of cigar smoke and sweat popped into her nostrils, but she tried to fudge it as best she could.

"However, I have one more question for you, Fiaid.", she hissed again, resuming the role of a malicious, dark serpent who had now driven her prey into the corner. Shortly Serena recognized a very faint glimmer of hope in his eyes, he probably believed he could somehow save himself.

"Where is he?", she whispered softly and threateningly, but she was sure that he could still hear her, "Where's my little brother?".

Fiaid swallowed hard and turned away from her, as if he could no longer look her in the eye. Serena's heart immediately made a restless jump, because if he responded that way, it could not be good.

"I ...", he began softly in a weak voice, shaken by his hysteria, "I do not know.". Then Serena's initial concern turned to pure anger and roughly she shook his head with her left hand, causing him to be flung back and forth.