Chapter 29 - Pastime

Serena woke up the next morning to gentle rays of sunshine on her face, which shone in through the window. Still a little sleepy, she blinked a few times and then registered the light weight that was resting on her hip. Slowly her gaze wandered down to discover a strong arm over her hip, the black fingernails of which caught her eye immediately. Behind her she felt the pleasant coolness of his body and the feeling of his bare chest against her back.

Serena closed her eyes with a smile and pictures of the night before flashed in her. Some of them even made her blush a little after, but she couldn't stop smiling. It even seemed a little as if she could still feel his capable hands on her body, still hear his seductive voice when he had whispered her name passionately.

Very slowly and carefully she turned her upper body and looked into Sebastian's face. She had never seen him with his eyes closed, but now he was lying in front of her just like that, the hair still a little bit loose on the head. He really doesn't look like a demon, she thought briefly and resisted the urge to brush one of his three unruly strands of hair back from his face. While she was still looking at his peaceful face, he opened one eye and a mischievous grin reached his lips.

"If you keep staring at me like that, I'll blush, Lady Serena.", he said softly and opened his other eye as well. Serena had to smile weakly and met his eyes.

"Did you sleep?", she asked in a whisper, ignoring his comment. Slowly he raised the arm that had rested on her hip to brush her hair from his face and looked at her again with that look that he hung up whenever he could instruct her.

"Demons don't have to sleep, have you already forgotten?", he asked cheekily and Serena gave him a sour look, "But I didn't feel like just staring in front of me all the time, so I closed my eyes.".

"You could have got up.", Serena said softly, sliding a little closer to him. Immediately his gaze softened a little and he put his arm back around her waist.

"That's right.", he said and smiled weakly, " But I thought it was much nicer to hold you all night. Plus, after that, you seemed pretty ... exhausted. I didn't want to take any chances and prefer to stay with you ... in case something should happen.". Just as Serena was about to reply, she froze in her movement and her eyes widened in shock. With a jerk she sat bolt upright next to him in the bed, so that the blanket slipped off her upper body. With a raised eyebrow Sebastian looked at his lady confused and cocked his head slightly.

"Is ... everything alright?", he asked, now propping himself up on his elbow. Very slowly, as if she was having trouble processing something, Serena turned her head to him and continued to look at him with big eyes. At the sight of her, Sebastian had to think for a moment of a hare sitting in front of a wolf, but with every passing second he became more restless. Although he had learned that his lady could behave a bit strange at some times, he could certainly not attribute the current situation to one of her quirks.

"What ...", Serena began, still staring at her butler as if she had just found out he was a demon. Sebastian straightened up a little more worried and put a hand on her back. Could people get a stroke or something like that if they'd gone too far with making love?

What if ... if I'm pregnant now?", his lady finally pressed out, dismayed, and continued to look at him confused. For a brief moment Sebastian could just blink at her in confusion. Then he couldn't help but laugh. People were really amazing, especially his lady, he thought as he collapsed back on the pillow, giggling.

"What's so funny about that?", his lady hissed at him immediately and then he forced himself to interrupt his laughter briefly to look into her angry and at the same time frightened eyes.