Chapter 13 - Camouflage

Of course, Serena and Sebastian did not leave immediately for London the next day. They waited more or less patiently for a few days during which Sebastian researched and found out exactly where this club "Noblesse" was.

Therefore, they started a trip to London, this time by train only a few days later. But unlike usual this time, they were not the Lady and her butler. Although Serena did not wear the most expensive clothes, she could still be seen as belonging to the English nobility. Her butler Sebastian, who always followed her like a shadow, contributed only to more.

So Serena had decided to travel incognito to London this time to attract as little attention as possible. At her command, Sebastian had given them both simple and unobtrusive clothing, as worn by the ordinary population in England. Although he had briefly regarded her somewhat disbelievingly when she had revealed this plan to him, he had tacitly executed the mission of his lady.

Fortunately, due to Sebastian's preliminary research, they did not have to spend much time looking for this club, and so they walked peacefully side by side through the streets of London, directing to this club.

"How far is it, Sebastian?", Serena asked after a while, whereupon her butler gave her a curt, polite smile. This time, he had run beside her from the beginning, since they did not want to make others feel like he was her employee.

"No, Lady Serena.", he answered immediately, "Only a few more streets and we will arrive.".

"You're not supposed to call me like that.," she whispered, nudging him gently with her elbow, "Currently you are not my butler, remember?". Sebastian sighed softly and nodded.

"Sorry ... Serena.", he said, but she could clearly hear that her normal, individual first name was difficult to get over his lips. For some reason he seemed to be having a hard time talking to her that way, but Serena had insisted. After all, they wanted to remain unrecognized and normally dressed people, one of whom addressed the other with "Lady Serena" would not quite fit in with their disguise.

"You see, it's not that hard.", she said quietly and grinned a little conciliatory, but he smiled at her a little sour. Surely he thought this whole thing disgusting, Serena guessed.

As Sebastian had announced, it was not long before they reached the club called Noblesse. It was in a fairly prosperous area, but the wealthy residents of London still were in other circles. You could say that in this neighborhood the more upmarket society went out and on, but ordinary citizens and workers were not exactly rare. So Serena and Sebastian did not show up in their disguises and could mix perfectly with the people walking in the streets. The club itself was in a gray, simple building, between a barber and a leather shop. Red, thick velvet curtains in the windows prevented a glimpse of the interior of the building and only a small, unobtrusive sign next to the door revealed that in this house the club "Noblesse" was at home. Otherwise, the building was not particularly noticeable and seemed more simple than Serena had assumed.

"Looks pretty deserted.", Serena said as they came to a halt across the street and looked over at the club.

"Such clubs usually do not open their doors until the evening hours.", Sebastian told her and also looked over at the building, "But this is likely to be the case in the next few hours. I figured we might be here before the opening so as not to miss that man.".

Serena nodded slowly and felt again that strange tingling that had struck her the night when they had been to Fiaid. How would it be this time, she wondered. How would she react this time if she faced this man?

"Then we will wait here.", Serena muttered and could not quite clear her eyes from the building yet. That's where the monster spents his free time, she thought disgustedly. Did he ever feel remorse for what he had done to her family and perhaps to other people?