CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

-Chase Rhennan's PoV-

Nakakatuliro. Damn it. I'm so sorry for everything that I've done to her. I know I did worst to her. She doesn't deserve it. I pushed her away. I hurt her and her feelings. Ugh, just damn it! Dapat at sana hindi ko 'yon nagawa. Now, we've been suffering to the worst.

Yes, now I love her, but I just can't take the fact that I had acted bad to her--or even worse, I guess. 

Maybe my mind is still in the process. Masyado kasi sigurong mabilis at magulo ang mga nangyari. Dati lang, I was hating her, and now, I'm regretting all the bad deeds that I've done.

Four days... It was four days, and I always wanted to go to her. I always wanted to talk to her... to say and confess everything, but it seems like there's always something not letting me to do so. Ilang beses ko nang tinangka, but I always end up backing out or lagi nalang may kung ano o kung sinong magde-delay sa'kin hanggang hindi ko na naman magawa... just like now.

I've been driving to her house since matagal-tagal na kaming hindi nagkikita. I even can't see her in school for reasons I don't even know. Si Marley naman, wala rin daw alam. Hindi raw siya makabisita kasi laging may dinadahilan ang kuya ni Frances para wag muna siyang maistorbo. Hindi ko na matiis kaya pupunta na ako sa kanya, but then from my side mirror, I saw Agatha who's with someone--with Maiko, to be exact. I had this feeling that I have to listen to them, so I parked my car and walked near them, but still not showing myself. I just eavesdropped, only to hear that they're now both breaking up with each other. Yah, it sounded like that.

"I'll be fine; don't worry." Agatha's voice seems sad though she's smiling. "Thanks for everything. I hope you'll find happiness with that girl, just like me... in this path I chose."

Maiko smiled--the smiled that always annoys me. "Come on, Agatha. Sasaya ka rin. Just trust yourself."

What the fvck? How can he talk that way after he bumped her? Parang wala namang regret o kung anong negative emotion sa mukha niya. 

I somehow felt bad about it. Gusto kong sumugod. This guy... I really hate him. Noon, sinaktan na niya si Frances; and now, si Agatha naman; at mukhang may babalikan pa siya ngayon... at mukhang si Frances pa nga iyon. Damn it. Damn you, Maiko.

Pero ewan ko... bakit parang wala namang bakas ng sakit sa mukha ni Agatha? She seem sad, but I can see it's not because of the asshole who just left seconds ago. Damn it. Why can I sense that there's something weird going on?

"Uy, Chase?"

I was startled with Agatha's voice. Mukhang pareho pa kaming nagulat sa isa't isa. I walked towards her. "I'm sorry, pero narinig ko 'yon... W-wala na kayo?"

She nodded.

"Are you alright? Did that man deceived you? Did he hurt you? Just tell me." Of course I'm still care for her. After all, she had been my girl... a girl that I once loved seriously and truly.

She smiled and assured that she's fine. Wala naman daw ginawang masama o kahit ano si Maiko na ikinasakit ng damdamin niya. Though nung una ay ayaw kong maniwala, well, wala naman na rin akong magagawa. Isa pa, siya na rin naman ang nagsabi na okay siya.

"What a timing. Sabay pa tayong nagkaroon ng problema sa puso." I then said, at nag-iwas ng tingin patungo sa kawalan.

She looked at me as if she's asking what happened. Dahil naniniwala akong siya ang rason kung bakit ko nakilala si Frances at siya ang rason ng pagkakagusto ko kay Frances, I then thought na siya na siguro ang best person para pagkwentuhan ko. i told her my realizations and what happened--hanggang sa ngayon na hindi pa rin kami nag-uusap ni Frances.

Mukha namang nagulat siya, but then she smiled. This time, parang may sobrang kakaiba sa ngiti niya. She's smiling sadly and faintly. I can feel that there's big reason behind that, pero marahil siguro, dahil 'yon sa nanghihinayang lang siya. I'm now in love with someone else, habang siya, kakagaling lang sa break-up a few minutes ago. "You really love her, do you?"

I smiled and nodded. "Pero hindi ko alam kung paano ko pa siya haharapin after all I did."

"I guess hindi naman 'yon ang mas matimbang, Chase. What matters most is that you have the same feeling... the same true love in your hearts." Alam kong sa bawat salitang binibitiwan niya ay may halong sakit sa puso niya. Alam ko 'yon. Nakikita ko 'yon sa kanya. "I'm very happy na nakita mo na siya, Chase. Don't let her be gone. Ayokong magsisi ka... rin."

I want to ask her what really is on her mind--kung may problema ba siya o sila ni Maiko o ano--but I just ended up with my mouth shut.

"Magiging okay din kayo. I'm hoping with that. Good luck, Chase." She said, smiling--the same faint smile. "Wish I'd find the same happiness, too. Sana hindi ako magsisi. Sana tama 'to. Sana ito na talaga ang gusto ko."

"T-thanks. I wish you the best, too."

"Bye, Chase." There, she left me.

I'm in the middle of thinking, reflecting, and in state of confusion when my phone rang. Kinapa ko 'yon sa bulsa ko at kinuha. Marley's calling.

[Marley: CHAAASEEE!] Nailayo ko yung celphone ko sa tenga ko dahil sa lakas ng boses niya.

"God, what is it?" Malamig kong tanong.

[Marley: Chase.] Bigla naman siyang nanahimik at tila sumeryoso. That made my heart beat nervously, as if she's about tell something I would not want to hear. [Marley: Si Paris... D-dinala siya sa ospital.]

What? Why? Fvck. Damn it.

-TBC

Leave comments.