What's Broken May Be Fixed

I woke up that morning with another one of my dreams. Well, more like memories. This one wasn't too important, just the day I told Klaus that I hated him. But he'd already told me about that, so I wasn't surprised by it.

The first thing I did was get dressed and put on my makeup. I then made my way to the Salvatore's in a haze. My mind was wandering anywhere but here. My family, Klaus, (who'd apparently left town forever because of some unknown reason.)

I felt pretty saddened by this. I mean, I guess we weren't really friends, per se, but a part of me still cared for him.

As a friend, of course.

"Where is she, I want to see her," I heard Caroline screech as I made my way inside.

"We're not letting anyone see her," Stefan said exasperatedly as I closed the door behind me, "that's the whole point. Isolation leads to misery, leads to emotion."

"Elena's been here for days. She hasn't improved at all?" Caroline hissed, throwing open the door to the living room.

"Look, she doesn't want to, Caroline, not yet, all right?" Stefan explained as he followed a disgruntled Caroline through the house, "Not yet, alright? She's devastated. She lost her brother. She-She attacked her friends, she killed and innocent women,"

"You said you were gonna help her," I muttered as I made my way towards the pair.

"I did say that. We are," He responded.

"How? By torturing her," Caroline hissed, basically reading my mind.

"It's not torture, it's an intervention," he explained, "the only chance we have with her is to provoke her, to trigger something, "fear, anger, self-pity, anything,"

Caroline didn't respond for a moment.
But she was stubborn, though, so she asked again, "let me talk to her, before anymore interventioning. If she's weak she can't hurt me. Please, just let me try."

Stefan sighed, looking from side to side hesitantly. Nonetheless, he caved and muttered, "you have five minutes,"

Caroline came back up the stairs with a defeated look on her face. I gave her a small smile, trying and failing to inspire hope in her.

"I'll give it a try," I said, walking past her and Stefan.

As I made my way downstairs, I felt the temperature dropping with every step. I shuddered as I became encapsulated in darkness. I hated the dark.

I opened the door to Elena's current... living situation. It was great, completed with a single chair in the corner and some dim light. Let's not forget the drainage pipes. A great addition, if you ask me.

Elena sat staring at the ground. Her skin was a pale white, her lips devoid of color. She looked... dead almost. Her eyes were empty and dark, the sparkle they used to have felt like nothing but a memory.

She looked haunted.

I gave her a small smile, trying to shed my feeling of unease. I closed the door behind me, coming and sitting cross-legged in front of her.

"For the record- I don't agree with what they're doing," I said softly as I tried to keep myself from dwelling on her appearance. "I mean... I agree that you need to turn your humanity back on but I don't think making you suffer is the way to do it... that's not who you are,"

"What makes you such an expert on who I am?" She questioned, her voice hoarse as she kept her eyes on the ground.

"Because you're one of my best friends," I said as genuinely as possible.

Little White Lies | Klaus Mikaelson (1)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara