Adjusting

I slowly opened my eyes, rubbing the crustiness away from them. I looked around my room, smiling as I snuggled closer into my blankets. I let out a sigh of bliss as the sun pressed itself against my blankets. Bonnie was alive, Klaus was gone for now, and I was... happy? It was weird, but not uninviting.

It felt artificial, though. Forced, in a way. I couldn't put my finger on it. I didn't think further, though, because I genuinely felt good, and I didn't want to ruin it. I felt like my mind was finally clear after a long, hard storm.

I got up and looked around my room. The thing was, though, this wasn't my room. "What the hell..." I murmured, my eyes widening in confusion.

There was a dresser, a rather lush bed in the middle of the room, a long mirror, a bathroom, and what appeared to be a rather old armoire. I left the room and walked around, a hundred thoughts coming through my mind. After walking for a few moments, I realized I was in the boarding house. How had I gotten here? "Hello?" I yelled out.

No one answered. Suddenly, a whoosh sounded past my ear. I turned quickly and looked towards Stefan. I sighed in relief, all the tenseness leaving my body. Me and my paranoia, I swear.

I perked up and turned my attention towards Stefan. "Why am I here?" I asked, crossing my arms.

He looked away guiltily before responding, "We thought we might wanna bring you here, ya know, in case Klaus decides to go after you, "

My mouth dropped into an 'O' shape and I nodded, "Oh, okay. I just don't remember coming here. I must've been a bit out of it. Anyways, got anything to eat? I'm starving,"

He nodded and pointed towards the kitchen. I thanks him as I walked past him and made my way downstairs, looking through the cabinets. I grabbed a glass and poured some orange juice in it.

I then made some toast and poured a mixture of cinnamon and sugar on it. I waited patiently to see if Damon was here, but when he didn't come down I eventually got bored. I ran upstairs with my food and went to my 'room,' which was basically the room I always stayed in whenever I was at the Salvatores. I'm not particularly sure why I didn't crash there last night, instead, sleeping in a room I'd never been in, but disregarded it. The room I usually slept in had a lot of my clothes, so I called it mine. I shuffled through the drawers, hoping to find something.

I shrugged my shoulders, deciding on a pair of worn-out leggings and slipped them on. I grabbed another shirt, which was black and white striped. I pulled it on and collapsed onto my bed for a few moments. I looked up at the tapestry on my wall and sighed. I just woke up why do I feel so drained?

I disregarded my fatigue and wrote it off as a night of bad sleep. Once I finished my food, I ran downstairs to be greeted by a troubled Damon and brooding Stefan. I walked towards them and raised my eyebrows. "Who did Klaus kill this time?"

Damon looked at me and sighed, "Not that original."

"Who did Elijah kill this time?" I corrected myself.

Stefan frowned, "Well he actually didn't kill anyone, he escaped from the basement."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "What? He was daggered, though, and the cellar was all locked up."

Damon nodded grimly, "Indeed, I found the door open and boom, no original," A phone rang interrupting Damon's amazing description of the events that lead up to him discovering Elijah was missing. Stefan picked up his phone from his pocket, bringing it to his ear.

"Where are you, are you okay?" I heard him speak without missing a beat, eyebrows furrowed in worry.

"Yes, I'm fine," I heard Elena's voice pipe up. I nodded in approval upon the fact she was okay. God knows she loved to get herself into trouble.

"Where's Elijah?" Stefan inquired.

"He's right here, next to me," Elena responded. I rolled my eyes.

God, Elena was stupid. I proceeded to yell, just so she could hear, "This is why we need to keep Elena on a leash."

I heard Elena speak, "Haha, so funny."

"Where? I'm on my way," Stefan said, beginning to get up.

"No Stefan. Elijah and I need some time alone." She said quickly, causing Stefan's eyebrows to furrow further if that was even possible.

"Listen to me, Elijah can't be trusted. He'll use you to get to Klaus." Stefan pleaded with her.

"Elijah is a nobleman, Stefan. He lives by a code of honor, I can trust him. He knows that I'd be incredibly stupid to betray him again. By removing the dagger, I have proven myself." Elena tried to persuade Stefan, who wasn't having it.

"You can't do this alone." He declared.

"It's my decision, Stefan, please respect it. And make sure that Emma and Damon don't do anything stupid." With that, I heard a beep and Elena hung up.

"Did she just hang up on you?" I giggled.

"She did."