Like the Hunger Games

We arrived at a bar. A ton of cars were parked outside, indicating a ton of people. I couldn't help but grin, knowing that we would all be drunk by the end of the night. I think a night out was something we all needed, and desperately.

As I walked in, though, my grin slowly faded. Klaus sat at the bar, a glass in his hands. He was covered in blood, a smirk on his face. "I was beginning to think you four wouldn't find the place,"

"What the hell..." Jeremy muttered, glancing all around at his surroundings.

"Did you kill all these people?" Matt demanded, turning his gaze to different surfaces in the room. I turned and noticed bodies sprawled around the bar. They all had blood dripping down their chins. Their bodies were beaten and broken, some with parts of them bent at odd angles. Bones stuck out on a few of them. I felt bile rise in my throat.

"Not exactly," he responded with a sadistic grin. He... killed all these people. They had lives ahead of them. He turned to Jeremy, "they're in transition. Killing them is your job."

Jeremy glared at me, my eyes still fixated on the bodies, "You said you were going to convince him to do it another way,"

"I'm... so sorry," I whispered, barely audible to the people around me. I couldn't tell if I was apologizing to him or the dead people surrounding me.

"No way, I'm not doing it," Jeremy mumbled. I hardly heard him. I was stuck in a horrifying trance.

I glanced at one last body, and that trance was immediately broken.

My heart began to pound and my breathing became unsteady. I put my hand on my chest, breathing in heavily but getting no air. My face became a sickly white as I gripped the table behind me, steadying myself. I turned around quickly, vomiting into the trash can as I held my hair back.

I coughed a few times, my stomach tightening. My hands were shaking as I grabbed a napkin off the table, whipping my mouth. I stood over the trash can for a few moments, my eyes red as hot tears ran down my cheeks. I was trembling violently, trying to calm myself by taking deep breaths.

Klaus walked over to me and placed his hand on the small of my back. I tensed, a shiver running down my spine. And for the first time in months... I was genuinely afraid of him.

I turned around quickly, slapping his hand away, "Don't touch me," I yelled, pushing myself away from him and into the table.

Damon sped in front of me, coming in between Klaus and I. He shook his head at Klaus, grabbing me and holding my close to him. My breathing calmed as I gripped him for support. He rubbed my hair soothingly, as if telling me it was all okay.

Klaus looked taken aback, stepping backward cautiously. He quickly regained his composure, though, turning back to Jeremy, "what makes you think you have a choice?"

"You have to kill vampires to complete the hunters mark," Damon spoke to Jeremy, still holding me against his chest, "Mark equals cure. You're in a bar full of almost vampires, so get your hunt on,"

"Screw you," Jeremy snarled, "you said I wouldn't have to kill any innocent people,"

"Jeremy, they're not people," Damon hissed.

"Enough," Klaus bellowed, making me flinch. It went by unnoticed, thankfully, "Have at it, or else."

"I don't take orders from you, dick," Jeremy muttered, crossing his arms and standing his ground. He dropped the stake on the ground with a clutter. Klaus gripped his arms. Jeremy chuckled, "hunters can't be compelled,"