17

You're a doll, you are flawless.

But I just can't wait for love to destroy us, I just can't wait for love.

~ Flawless, The NBHD

~~~
"Holy shit! You got laid, didn't you?"

Luke laughed as he shut the passenger door of Michael's car, his hands quickly fixing his blonde locks before he buckled himself in.

"Awwwe, the sex hair was a good look on you." Michael's body was shaking with giggles.

"Shut up. At least I've gotten some in the past four months."

Michael placed his hand over his heart, feigning hurt, "Ouch. Shots fired."

Luke laughed again, but his smile dropped. Michael must have noticed, as he yanked the keys out of the ignition and turned his body towards Luke.

"Woah, did I say something wrong? Are you okay?"

Luke tried to smile, but his lips began to quiver.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine." His voice betrayed him and cracked.

"Oh my god," Michael reached over to brush away the first of many tears bound to leak down Luke's face, "what happened?"

"Um, Ashton-" Luke cleared his throat and wiped his cheeks, "he has cancer."

Michael's jaw dropped. He quickly pulled Luke in to his chest, wrapping one arm securely around his shoulders and resting the other on the back his neck, burying his fingers in Luke's hair; the same way he has since year 7.

Michael began feathering light kisses on to the blonde's scalp when he heard Luke begin to sob in to his neck.

"It's okay, baby," he whispered, "in times like these, it's essential to find silver linings."

"But I love him, I love him so much and he's going to be gone in two months."

Luke's voice came out muffled and broken; it only made Michael's heart clench harder in his chest.

"Lukey, his body may stop working but his love will never die."

Luke flung his arms around Michael's middle, his sobs only heightening in volume.

"I don't want to live in a world without him, Michael! He's the only good in this fucked up reality."

Michael gasped and hugged him a little tighter, rubbing circles in to his shoulder blade with his thumb.

"Don't say that. You have a beautiful life and Ashton would hate it if you left voluntarily."

Luke pulled back from Michael's warm embrace and rubbed his hands over his face. After a few minutes he managed to get his breathing under control and he sat back normally in his seat, letting his head thud against the head rest.

"Dying fucking sucks."

Michael bit back a smile at his best friend's blunt comment and looked down.

"Dying does suck. But it's a part of life, I guess. People weren't born to live forever."

Luke sighed and nodded.

"I need to make the last few weeks of his life perfect."

Michael nodded slowly, "So why are you sitting here, then?"

"We need to make a quick stop at the police station."

"Oh, okay," Michael pushed the keys back in the ignition, "Speeding ticket or something?"

"Nope. We're going to get Calum arrested."

Michael furrowed his eyebrows, "I'm not sure having some guy hit on your man is enough to press charges, dude..."

Luke let out a bitter laugh.

"No, you dumbass. We're pressing charges against him for arson."

~
A/N

this chapter was a mess and short and bad and ))):

but kind of essential idk

they'll get better i promise you

6k reads tY TY TY

-ban(anna)