03

Don't waste your time on me,

You're already the voice inside my head.

~I miss you, Blink 182

~~~

"So why a treehouse?"

The two boys were sat across from each other in the wooden treehouse situated in Ashton's back yard, hot tea in hand.

Ashton shrugged, "I never got one as a kid, so I thought 'hey, why not?'", he giggled and looked up through the open panel in the roof, "It's actually my favourite place to sleep at night."

Luke nodded and sipped on his tea. There was something about Ashton that Luke found so infatuating; he found himself wanting to know more and more about the curly boy.

"So what would you like?"

Luke's head snapped up from the steaming tea, "Hmm?"

"For your henna," Ashton smiled, holding up a tube of what looked (and smelled) like plant shit to Luke, "Or if you don't want one then that's okay too."

Luke shook his head, "No, I definitely want one," he stopped to think about it and an idea came to mind, "Can I- would it be possible to get like a constellation?"

Ashton nodded and smiled (what Luke thought was the most angelic smile ever smiled), "Of course! I've always loved stars."

Luke beamed at the boy, "Really? Me too! Could I get Orion's belt? It's my favourite."

Ashton smiled impossibly wider, "No way! That's my favourite too!"

Luke's heart practically burst with happiness.

"No kidding."

Luke pushed up his sleeve and Ashton took it in his hand. He frowned when he noticed Luke's scars.

"You did this?"

Luke lowered his head, "Yeah."

He felt a pair of lips on his forearm and blushed when he looked up to find that they were Ashton's.

"Don't worry," Ashton said, pushing up his own sleeves and showing his barely-noticeable scars to Luke, "That happened to me too. You'll get better."

Luke smiled, "I know."

Ashton picked up the tube of henna (plant shit) and got to work. Ten minutes later, Luke's forearm was scattered with little stars and lines connecting them together- Luke was surprised when Ashton had told him he's memorized most constellation's formation and placement in the sky; although he probably shouldn't have been.

Ashton seems to be full of surprises.

Luke thanked Ashton and Ashton told him that he needed to keep his arm still for as long as possible for it to dry properly, so he suggested that Luke should stay for supper.

Luke said yes, of course.

Three hours, twelve perspective changing conversations, and two plates of spaghetti later, the two boys found themselves on ashton's bed, cuddling and watching Spongebob on his laptop.

Luke spent most of his time admiring how defined Ashton's cheekbones looked with the lights off and the computer screen illuminating them, and memorizing Ashton's giggle.

His thoughts were rudely interrupted by Ashton's phone going off.

Ashton groaned and dug in to his pocket and fished out his phone, answering without checking the caller ID.

"Hello?"

Luke noticed how Ashton's voice sounded slightly worried.

"I'm at home."

Ashton sucked his bottom lip between his teeth.

"I'm sorry, I guess I forgot."

Ashton looked genuinely depleted, and Luke so badly wanted to know who it was (not because he wanted to punch them in the throat, definitely not).

(Well, maybe.)

"Okay. I'll be over in a bit."

"Love you too."

Ashton hung up.

Wait, love?

"Who was that?"

Ashton sighed.

"My boyfriend."

Oh.