04

Your love's a fucking drag,

But I need it so bad

~Nicotine, Panic! At the Disco

~~~

Luke left Ashton's house feeling like a total moron.

Because no, obviously he didn't think about asking the virtually perfect boy if he had a boyfriend (or a girlfriend for that matter), and of course he would have one.

Luke was now on his way back to his parents house to get the rest of his stuff. He walked with his shoulders slumped, his head hung low and the clouds in his eyes darker than ever.

He finally found his way to his street and eventually up his front steps. He resisted the urge to kick down the stupid door as he flung it open and oh- what do you know! There at the door was all of his stuff packed neatly away in boxes, and a note on top saying;

We hope you reconsider moving back home once you get through this homosexual phase.

Lot's of love,

Mum and Dad.

Luke let out a frustrated groan and kicked one of the boxes, immediately regretting it when he heard something shatter.

He sighed and moved them outside to the front lawn. It just then occurred to him that he didn't exactly have a way to get them to Michael's besides walking.

That's when he lost it.

Everything sucked.

His parents sucked.

Being gay sucked.

Not having a fucking car sucked.

Ashton's boyfriend sucked.

He sunk to the ground and screamed. He just screamed and yelled until his voice went hoarse and he just felt tired.

After he finally got his breathing to even out, he pulled out his phone and texted Mikey asking for a ride, to which Michael responded almost immediately with 'i'll be right over'. So Luke sat there, in the dark, on his moderately damp lawn for around ten minutes until finally Michael pulled up in his car.

Luke pulled himself off the ground and instantly found himself in Michaels strong embrace.

Sometimes Luke wondered how he landed such an amazing friend.

Michael didn't say anything as he gently sat Luke down in the passengers seat and lifted the numerous boxes in to the back seat, he knew Luke had a rough couple of days.

The two boys didn't say anything the ride back home either.

Once they pulled up in front of the apartment complex, Luke felt like he was just about ready to break down again. No, he didn't want to lift the boxes in to his apartment, he didn't want to do anything.

Michael must have noticed Luke's quivering lip, because Luke soon felt a gentle hand placed on his thigh and he looked up at his best friend.

"We'll unpack tomorrow."

Luke smiled weakly and nodded at the platinum blonde boy. Michael then placed a sweet kiss on Luke's nose and got out of the car, quickly making his way to Luke's side and opening the door for him.

~

Luke couldn't sleep.

He tried reading, he tried listening to some of his favourite music, he even tried counting sheep. But nothing could distract his thoughts from the boy with the pretty stars in his eyes and a smile that could rival the prettiest of views. Nope, absolutely nothing could take his mind off Ashton.

And Luke kind of hated himself for it. He'd only known the boy for two days.

But something about Ashton made him so much more special than any other boy he'd ever met, and Luke couldn't quite put his finger on it.

And so, in attempt to settle his anxious thoughts, Luke convinced himself that he would go see Ashton tomorrow. He was okay with just being friends with him, as long as he could have him in his life.

And not surprisingly, a few minutes after Luke had made that promise to himself, he managed to drift off in to a calm and dreamless sleep.