07

I know what I wanna do, I wanna runaway,

Runaway with you.

~Runaway, Ed Sheeran.

~~~

Luke tugged on the sleeves of his flannel anxiously. He seemed to be anxious a lot lately, 'for a valid reason, though', he told himself. He walked cautiously over the dead leaves littering the ground, careful not to destroy their peace. That was something him and Ashton had talked about a few days prior; how fallen leaves have each lived their own lives, how they should be respected too. At first, Luke thought Ashton was absolutely mad, but something about the way Ashton's eyes sparkled with pure... honesty, made Luke rethink the way he saw things.

Luke checked the address Ashton had given him for his work for the millionth time before looking back up, his eyes landing on the building number identical to the one specified in Ashton's text. He shoved his phone in his pocket and sighed, straightening out his flannel one last time before climbing the steps of the modern looking hair salon.

The second Luke stepped inside, he was immediately greeted with the pungent smell of hair product and the sound of mediocre indie music playing softly in the background. The walls were painted vivid shades of orange and grey, and the sharp colors combined with the strong smell of product was almost too overwhelming for Luke. There was a woman with vibrant red hair and thick black rimmed glasses sitting at a computer behind the front desk, busily typing away. She briefly glanced up in Luke's direction before clicking something on the screen and turning her full attention towards him. She was quite beautiful, 'nowhere near as beautiful as Ashton' Luke thought.

She sent Luke a wide (flirtatious?) smile, "Hi, do you have an appointment?"

Luke, being naturally awkward, stumbled over his words a few times before finally getting out, "No, my friend works here."

She raised her eyebrows, "Who's your friend?"

Luke looked down and shuffled his feet on the carpet, "Uh, Ashton?"

The red haired woman smirked, "Would you be Luke, by any chance?'

Luke felt blood rush to his cheeks, "Y-yeah, how'd you know?"

The woman laughed, "The guy won't shut up about you."

She must must have noticed the bewildered look on Luke face because she leaned back in her chair and chuckled.

"You can go find him back there, if you want. He's just finishing up now." She gestured to the open salon situated behind a devider wall.

Luke thanked the red haired woman and hesitantly made his way in to the salon. As he scanned over the numerous stations, his eyes finally landing on the curly haired boy he's grown to favor (adore) who's station was against the back wall. Ashton was wearing what must have bewen his work uniform; a tight, black, long-sleeve shirt and black skinny jeans, completed with a red apron.

The fact that he could look flawless wearing an apron astounded Luke.

Ashton had to have been an amazing hair dresser, considering his client was a middle aged woman who's hair looked suprisigly fantastic despite it's fading pigment. Luke watched the two laugh over something and exchange goodbyes before the woman got out of the salon chair and made her way to the front desk, smiling.

Luke made his way over to Ashton's station while the curly boy's back was turned. He quietly brought his hands up to Ashton's face, covering his eyes.

"Guess who?"

Ashton giggled and lifted his hands up to where Luke's were, feeling his hands from his knuckles to his fingertips.

"Hmmm... Oprah Winfrey?"

Luke laughed and shook his head.

"Nope, guess again."

Ashton pressed his fingertips inbetween Luke's, almost intertwining them.

"Kurt Cobain?"

Luke laughed again and removed his hand from over Ashton's eyes. Ashton turned around and wrapped his arms around Luke's shoulders, burrying his face in to Luke's neck.

"Hi Lukey."

Some middle aged women that were within earshot of the two cooed.

Luke blushed but held Ashton tighter.

Thw two pulled apart a few moments later, and Ashton gestured for Luke to sit down. He was slightly confused at Ashton's motives, but he sat down in the large, leather chair nonetheless. Ashton placed his large hands on the back of the salon chair, one on either side of Luke's head, and leaned down slghtly so their heads were almost level.

"Alright Mr. ... what's your last name?"

Luke laughed. "Hemmings."

Ashton nodded and smiled, "Alright Mr. Hemmings, what are we doing with your hair today?"

Luke grinned and shrugged, "I didn't know I had an appointment."

Ashton brought his hands up to Luke's rather flat hair, "You do now," he ruffled the blond locks and stood up straight, "let's get you over to the sinks."

Luke followed him to the row of black sinks lining the wall of another area of the salon and Ashton guided Luke to sit down at one of them. Ashton wrapped a towel around the back of Luke's neck and gently pushed him backwards so his neck fit nicely in the notch of the sink.

Luke closed his eyes when Ashton started rinsing his hair, secretly savouring the feeling of his long fingers massaging his scalp. It wasn't until he felt a jet of warm water splashing his face that he was jolted out of his sleepy state. He made a squawking sound and his hands flew up to his face, frantically wiping the water from his eyes. Ashton erupted in to a fit of laughter, shutting the nozzle off and doubling over.

"Ashton!" Luke whined.

~

Luke left the hair salon with really nicely styled hair and a huge smile on his face.

He knew he shouldn't be having these kind of feelings for a boy that's in a relationship, but Ashton was just so perfect.

He knew for a fact he was falling for Ashton; he was falling hard.