"Now," She patted my shoulders, before getting up once again. "Go get change."

Mother's words reminded me of Rachael, which made me give out a loud groan. "Can I invite Dami over too?" Felix wasn't here to keep me company over this dinner stuff.

"Sure, Why not. He's practically part of the family." Mother leaned closer to peck me on my forehead. "You can give him a call. Now, go upstairs and freshen up."

I swung my body to the opposite direction, after I had nodded and got hold of my backpack.

Reaching my room upstairs, I got hold of the doorknob and twisted it. At the other end of the door, stood Omoye, the house help. She was busy, holding my fluffy white  pillow in her tight grip.

"Um..... Welcome Mr Jeremiah. I um......." She tried to search for a suitable way, to explain their tardiness. "I would have done this soon but, um....... I was having slight fever."

"You can head downstairs and take care of yourself," I instructed her.

"But your room, I'm still um....... Cleaning it." She nervously gestured to my bed, using her pointing finger.

I let my eyes roam my room, and then back at her face. "Looks clean already. I left the door post and walked into my room, throwing my backpack on my bed. "You can leave."

"Thank you," She said and excused herself by walking out of my room. Omoye was a nineteen years old girl. She couldn't complete her education. Mother had hired her cause she believed Omoye, reminded her of herself.

I sat on my bed, before fetching my phone inside my backpack. I scrolled down my contacts in search of Dami's name.

On the very first ring, Dami answered his call. "What's up man?"

"Just got home," I shrugged nonchalantly.

"Same here," Dami said then shouted, "Oh no!"

"What is it?" I asked dryly, though I knew his answers already.

"Just got shot!" He yelled on the phone. "Cause of you!" Dami was a game freak and also, a party animal.

I rolled my eyes a bit at that. "Mother's hosting a dinner party and I want you to be here."

"Why?" He sounded uninterested in the phone.

Dami could be a nut case at times. So that's why I decided not to prolong the conversation. "Get your ass over here."

I knew Dami would be here even before I was done having my afternoon shower. And Dami as always, proved me right.

I walked out of the bathroom fifteen minutes later, to see Dami playing a mobile game in my phone. Only two individuals knew my pass code, which was Dami and myself.

I let him play away on my phone, while I walked over to the mirror to blow my hair. Once done with that, I walked into my dresser and grasped a white long sleeve and a gray sweat pants.

"Have some respects," I smirked at Dami, as I buttoned my shirt, leaving the first three. "I might want to use that phone for something important."

"Oh come on," Dami whined, without taking his eyes off of my phone. "I just couldn't seat still without doing anything."

I shook my head, and walked over to my bed. "The TV is right there," I pointed at the flat screen television against the wall.

Dami looked at me, then gave me a sheepish grin. "Your mobile game was more entertaining." I shook my head once more, walked closer to him and snatch my phone from his grip.

"Good thing you're here, can't be at the same room with obsessed Rachael. I'll run mad." I sat on my bed, beside my best bud and rested my head on my fluffy pillows."

Dami gasped, placing his hands in his chest, feigning hurt. "So you're using me?!"

I shrugged and nodded my head. "Something like that."

"Pfft," Snorted Dami. "Dumb ass." I laughed inwardly. Dami could be a completely whole new character. "Well, I'm actually here for the food."

"Foodie," I made jest of him.

"By the way, your dad's back from work." Dami informed me. I swung my head to look at him, and lifted a brow.

"And you're just telling me that, now?" Dami shrugged like it wasn't a big deal. "Hey, how do you see the new boy?"

Dami reached into his pocket and brought out his phone, then opened a game app. "A total weirdo."

I scoffed, "Thought as much." Immediately I had said that, a small knock came across my room.

"Come in," I saw the door knob twitch, before Omoye stepped in.

"Sorry to disturb both of you sir," She apologized. "But your mother asked me to get both of you. She wants you to entertain the guest once they arrive.

"Get going," I dismissed her.

"A-Are you going to be downstairs?" She stuttered, feeling nervous like always. "I-I need to deliver my message."

"Get going," I repeated, without any trace of playfulness in my tone. I hardly say yes or no. Omoye should have been used to that by now.

"Y-Yes sir," She shook a bit. Why she was so terrified of me, I had no idea. I treated her like other staffs. And they ain't terrified of me. I watched as she nervously left my room.

"Tsk tsk tsk," Sounded Dami. "You shouldn't be that mean. She's my future wife you know."

"She's two years older than you," I deadpanned. "Besides, I thought Omonigho was your future wife."

Dami scratched the back of his head. "Yeah, that's true." Dami and Omonigho were not together. But Dami feelings for her was in a whole new different level.

"Come on, let's get going." Dami groaned but eventually got up from my bed. "Couch potato."

I snickered at him, which of course earned me the middle figure. We decided to head downstairs, before mother would match into my room with an iron fist. My mother wasn't someone to mess with. She wasn't afraid to beat the crap out of Dami and I.

Time to entertain the guest.

Eddy : So here's a glimpse of Jeremiah's real attitude, which he shows only to those that are close to him

Eddy : So here's a glimpse of Jeremiah's real attitude, which he shows only to those that are close to him. He's less colder to his love ones and a lot colder to his peers at school and his staffs at home.

What do you think about this chapter?

Do you think he'll make up his mind?

Find out by reading 😊

Vote if you love this chapter. Still vote if you don't xD.

Comment and also share.

Next update : Sunday.

Words : 1661

Till next time

Adios

X
-Eddy