99 | crossing the line?

-99-

before i write part 2 of my locals rant, i want to dedicate a little something to all the toxic kpop stans.

i'm not going to say the usual stuff such as "fanwars are stupid", because saying that has not prevented any fanwars ever lol. fanwars are inevitable, we can't always get along and that's just how it is. instead i will be focusing on other problems within the kpop fandom that often get swiped under the rug.

anyways, let's get on with it.

——————

commenting on idols' weight

this is a reoccurring issue on both twitter and wattpad. i always see people writing in their kpop books "x idol looks too skinny". now, i understand that you're probably just worried for their health, but you need to understand that as a fan it's none of your business. they are adults that don't need you to police their weight and diet. some people are naturally skinny, and it might cause them to have issues with their body image if you shove your invasive opinions in their face.

there is already enough pressure to look "right" in the kpop industry and even though you probably mean well, you should just refrain from talking about their weight too much.

now that we're on the topic of weight, i must also mention that fat shaming is not okay either, no matter who it is! so many people are making inappropriate comments about super junior member shindong and it's very uncomfortable for me to see. i know that he has done problematic things, and you can call him out for that all you want, but his weight has nothing to do with it. when you say such things you're being fatphobic and normalizing insulting people for their weight.

"it's just my opinion"

this goes out to youtubers and fellow wattpad authors who make "unpopular kpop opinions" content. some of you are taking things way too far! you cannot say that an idol is ugly or untalented, trying to pass it off as "just your opinion".

i know that i have said some questionable things in this book, but i've changed my mind. you need to realize that it's okay to not always be in the right and to change your view on things! always be open-minded and listen to other peoples' opinions too. it's just basic mannerism to listen to your counterpart in a conversation you started.

i look through all comments in my book too so don't be shy, i would love to hear your input. my chapters get 100+ reads each, but only a select few actively vote and comment ):

the age discussion

especially on twitter, lots of people put age restrictions on their accounts or just "minors dni". they've been recieving so much backlash for this, and people have been calling them "ageist".

however, i think they are doing the right thing as it's kind of their responsibility to warn people about the contents of their account. some of them don't even post any inappropriate content, they just don't want to appear weird interreacting with people half their age, and that is also a valid reason. you do realize that a 20-year old regularly talking to a 10-year old is a bit iffy, right? not wanting to befriend someone because the age gap is too big is okay. normalize it!

this goes the opposite way too ofc, i've never seen any adults getting mad over young ppl not wanting them to follow them though.

what i'm trying to say is; please just respect their wishes and leave them be. seriously, dni if you're younger than what they're comfortable with !! it doesn't matter how mature you think you are. based on my personal experiences, those who constantly talk about how much they know about "adult stuff" and think they have it all figured out turn out to be the most immature ones ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

now, i don't care if some 09 liner or something is reading this particular book or following me, but i don't exactly support someone that young being on wattpad either, if that makes sense. there's so much weird shit on this app that i wish i wouldn't even be aware of myself. but i know damn well that no kid is gonna delete wattpad and go play with dolls because of this paragraph, so what can i say, always read the tags and disclaimers and be careful !!

—————

a/n:
stopped biting my nails at the beginning of quarantine and now i've got these long af claws. it's a struggle to write on my phone to say the least, but i don't wanna clip them now that i've come this far </3

don't bully me now but i discovered this japanese band called babymetal and their concept is kinda hilarious but their music lowkey slaps ?!-8€281 like HELLO why did no one tell me they existed? i never listened to heavy metal that much bc i thought it was really scary and the screaming was too much for me, but they're like the perfect contrast between cuteness and intense bgm. the drumming on their tracks is insane, aaaa

also been listening to bts' the most beautiful moment in life: young forever album like all the time during quarantine,,, it's absolutely unparallelled and their best album by far, i cannot stress this enough. autumn leaves is their best bside btw

𝑽𝑬𝑵𝑼𝑺 ; 𝘬𝘱𝘰𝘱 𝘰𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara