26 | survival shows

-26-

my opinion on survival shows & 1the9:

if you don't know who they are, they're a group formed in a survival show. they just recently released their first song. their conctract lasts for 12 months.

okay so first of all, i don't like the whole idea of survival shows. i haven't watched any except skz's survival show, but knowing how they usually work is enough for me to dislike them. the contestants are often super young (from ages 14-18 ish), and they're under constant pressure, and fear of being eliminated. imagine going to one of those shows, with a dream of becoming an idol just to have your dreams crushed because the judges chose someone prettier and more popular amongst the fans. because let's face it, no matter how talented you are, these shows mainly focus on visuals. this is way too much for a 14 year old's mental health, it can lead to a really low self esteem and other mental issues. so i feel really bad for these kids, knowing what some of them have probably been through to get into the group. some of the members are literally 15 years old.

i still remember when soyeon said that she was told that she isn't going to debut in produce because she doesn't have the right looks. it actually sucks.