97 | 2020 comeback reviews

-97-

wow first of all, it's been so long since i updated this! i'm sorry, i just don't have any opinions to say ig? i've never had a schedule for this book, i've always updated whenever i've felt like it and i guess i haven't felt like it in a long ass time.

i'm currently in quarantine bc of the corona virus like pretty much everyone else, and i have nothing to do, so yeah.. gonna start this off with some life updates bc lots has happened since december.

first of all; i ordered loona's [#] album, it arrived like a month ago 🥺 i'm seriously so happy, this is my first kpop album and i'm happy with my pulls too hehe. i got a kim lip pc and two other photocard ish thingies (yk those with red borders, or where they extras? idk) of vivi and choerry! i just put kim lip inside my clear phone case i bought specifically for this purpose, feeling like a true kpoppie now haha

also !!! i watched the untamed in like mid january and it was so good,, at first it was really weird and confusing bc i suck at remembering names, everyone has at least 2 names in that show + the cgi is.. not that great. but the actors and storyline make up for it (all of my faves died tho :c ) and i could honestly talk about it like all day but y'all probably don't care lmao. i was initially gonna do a whole chapter about it but i abandoned that idea bc this is a kpop book,,, anyways i would 100% recommend watching it and reading the book it's based on.

anyways, let's get into the opinions now :)) i think i'll just give my thoughts on a few recent comebacks and debuts

——————

cignature - nun nu nan na
okay so i really like this song! it sounds like something nature would release with a mix of red velvet maybe? however, there's too much autotune in some parts. what is it with the "bebe ooh" part before the chorus? geez.

these girls are under the same company as cix i believe, so how come they got no promotions when the company clearly has (or had, looking back at cix) the resources to promote them? if they're not ready to put any effort into making this group successful, now is not the right time to debut them.

this is my favorite debut so far in 2020; i didn't really like any of the others. lots of groups have debuted with similar sounding songs and concepts this year, and they all kind of just melt into one big unmemorable blob in my mind.

victon - howling
i love that they didn't do a typical beatdrop for the chorus of this song. it could've been a bit more interesting tho? same goes for the mv. the mv for nostalgic night was so nice and aesthetic, they could've done something alike that again.

also can i just say that damn, oneits are annoying as fuck. i get that y'all are sad about x1 disbanding but you do not have to fill the comments under the howling mv with stuff about x1. also some of y'all are sounding like seungwoo solo stans... solo stan him if you want, but it's kind of an unwritten rule that you usually don't, yk, boast about solo stanning someone,,,

loona - so what
they did what they had to do with this, y'all keep calling it noise, but who cares? noise music is good, you just have boring taste. however i prefer their other title tracks over this one ngl, same goes for the album. the intro for this album is their best one this far though, the beat is incredible.

i loved the mv, they all looked so badass (especially kim lip, i'm so glad i got her photocard bc i loved her in this era), + they did a great job with the choreo even tho it's quite different from their other ones and they had to show another vibe than with their other choreos! WHERE was vivi throughout the whole mv tho? you could literally miss her in the blink of an eye...

weki meki - dazzle dazzle
most of you will probably strongly disagree, but i really did not like anything about this comeback ): well, there was one positive thing which is the screen time and line distribution being a bit more fair than usual. and okay, they looked really pretty, especially elly with her blue hair 🥺 but i can't vibe with the song at all?? i can't pinpoint why, but i feel really annoyed by it.

also,, fantagio really said "budget? what budget?" with this mv. they're just in a green room with my grandma's dusty fake flowers on the floor throughout the whole thing...

nct127 - kick it
another fantastic noise release, the beat sounds like they put rocks in a smoothie blender but the song is seriously so addictive. haechan's parts were my favorites i think.

the concept is lovely and the mv is aesthetically pleasing. excellent album, the way elevator is kind of a continuation to coming home is a cute and thoughtful detail hehe

cherry bullet - hands up
this is hands down the best title track of 2020 this far (see what i did there?). such an original sounding song, extremely addictive and i think they deserved a win with this one.

i've seen people saying they didn't continue the video game concept bc they want to "please the masses", but like bruh, did we even watch the same mv? the video game stuff was clearly there, maybe not as obviously as in their other mvs but it was still there! my only complaint is remi's non existent lines once again ://

ateez - answer
most of you will once again disagree with me on this one but i don't like answer that much. it's just an okay song to me. i won't skip it if it comes on, but most of their other songs are better. i'm not a too big fan of this alan walker ish sound to be fair.

i am in love with the album though! horizon is one of my favorite songs by them, it just sounds so raw and adventurous(?), i can't explain it.

itzy - wannabe
hdnshdh i love them so much ): i love this song and the choreo is super detailed and good. i'm glad this isn't as rap based as their other songs, that made it easier to get used to. the album was cute, it had some bops, cherry still remains their superior song. but i kinda want them to sing about something other than being themselves for their next comeback, it's getting slightly repetitive?

also i just gotta say that they're all so pretty, i'm literally swooning hhh. ryujin's blue hair? sickening.

bts - on
woah okay; first of all it's been a while since they released new music. anyways i'm not a huge fan of the title track for this album, but most of the bsides were nice. i think i like louder than bombs and ugh! the most. the choreo for on was epic though.

also armys need to stop blaming eachother about not breaking bwl's 24 hour view record. the mv for on is almost 6 minutes long? it will obviously take longer to stream, thus it's harder to break any records.

highkey wish they would release the other version of black swan they used in that video of the dance group on spotify ): i prefer that version over the original one.

—————

edit: kind of shocks me that people are still reading this book and voting on chapters, like every day somebody new reads it even though it's been so long since the last update! i started this book over a year ago and some of you have been here since the beginning and i appreciate that ♡'・ᴗ・'♡