Uh oh!

Bruises, make for better conversation.

My eyes flutter open slowly as if coming out of a deep fog. Where was I? The colors around me were all mixed with one another. Almost as if i knew something bad happened or was about to happen my heart pounding hard inside my chest. Although blurry at first, my vision finally begins to focus on the location. Around me stood what looked to be upside down lockers. How unusual, besides that they were almost exact replicas of the lockers at Gotham High minus the purple marks of course.

A loud bell rings, alarming me. "Eeek!" I jump falling flat on my face. For some reason I fell asleep on top of a storage cabinet, upside down? I groan rubbing the back of my head. This was all so confusing, it didn't even make sense. "What was I doing upside down?" I mutter to myself. Maybe that was the reason for my head throbbing, aching like this.

Groggily I stand up, "Hello is anyone-" I gasp, my vision finally becoming clear. The lockers weren't upside down and they didn't just look like the ones at Gotham High, they WERE the ones in Gotham High. I was in Gotham High! Alone! What was I doing here? There wasn't school today. Think, Harleen think. What happened last night? No luck, I sigh not recalling anything. Last nights events were all still a blur. My eyes widen, seeing lockers vandalized in purple sharpy. Could I have..No! I would never destroy school property. I must have been framed. My gaze trails down to my hand where a purple sharpy was enclosed in the palm of it. "EEEK!" I scream, dropping the marker. "I would never..." Quietly my argument fades into a silence. Unbalance, I stumble forward falling down the hallway, making an effort to move a couple steps. Words written in my bubbly handwriting and another person's scratchy handwriting were spread out across the lockers.

"Look Harleen, you're a big girl. You can handle it. So what if looks like you're basically wrote an essay on the walls, no one will know. No one will know." Slowly I begin to read one or two of them out loud, hoping it would jog my memory. "M-Mr.Ghul is a fool?" Why would I say that? It didn't even sound like me, he was a respectable teacher. Sure, he was a little creepy and went off on tangents about different wars and militaries but he most certainly was not a fool. All I could think of was how dead I was as I press my hand against the lockers, working my way towards the girl's bathroom. Desperately I needed to pull myself together, the bathroom was the best place for that. A little ways down showed more purple vandalism along the walls; Selina loves Tony the Tiger, Fatty Wobblepot, Why So Serious?, Strange can go to h-.

I gasp why would anyone write such things about our Principle and on school walls too. He wasn't that bad of a man, just a little creepy. A warm feeling comes across my face as it flashes red with panic, this was all my fault. I close my eyes tightly, not wanting to read anymore. "Come on Harleen, your a smart girl, you have to snap out of this...just get to the bathroom." Using the lockers for guidance, I find my way to the bathroom. Eyes closed tightly to prevent myself from seeing anything any more. "At least things can't get any worse." I sigh, opening my eyes. A shriek escaped my mouth before covering it with my hands. My body was shaking as I gazed upon my reflection, "Much-Much worse..."

Bruises that all I have, from my wrists to my neck was scarn with shades of black, purple and blue. An already fading bruise was in the upper right corner of my forehead. Had someone knocked me out, causing that gap in memory. Sadly, that didn't make any logical sense. The gash wasn't near my prefrontal cortex. Around my left wrist were these red marks, they didn't look like cuts or bruises more like serious indian burns.

Cold water splashes up against my face, rubbing the strange powered that faintly dusted it away. What could have happened? I must not have been alone. Dark circles rested under my eyes with horrifyingly done makeup beside it. It was all over the place as if I had been crying for hours. I use paper towels to fix myself, "Deep Breath Harleen. Everything will be fine." I toss the purple marker into the trash before pausing for a moment. "Wait, they could find it then trace my prints and boom they have me." Pulling the market out of the trash, I tossed it into the toilet. Flush.