Falling in Lo-ts of Snow

~Harley~

Have I ever mentioned how much I love Winter? No? Wow, that's a shame. Winter is like a full 6 months in Gotham-Well that's what I am told. Winter, the word itself makes me smile. I love the color of snow, making everything white and fluffy. It reminds me of a clean slate, wiping all the bad out and placing it with the good. The football team is almost over, meaning I would have less encounters with the jocks like Waylon and Deigo. The good thing is they haven't been messing with me or Johnny since the Science Fair. Oh boy, speaking off good, a lot of good has been happening lately.

I smile, looking out the window in Math. Little flurries were coming down as I wrote in my journal. Although I had only been attending Gotham high for maybe two months now, I had almost completed about half my journal. It really was not my fault, there was too much abnormal activities happening for me to keep track of...and I could not get Jack out of my head. The notebook was almost completely full of his charm, little things I have heard and noticed Mistah J do. Not to mention I started to write some of my dreams about him. Whoa! Distraction, focus Harleen. I don't know why my brain has been more flustered than normal. Anyways, I am in school so I can't go off on my little fantasies. But--Then again no one really focuses in math, or at least that's what Mistah J told me. I smile, thinking about him a little more. Snowflakes gracefully fluttered about in the sky, however, sadly they would melt upon hitting the window. Sure, it was only October, but I could not wait for our first snow to stick to the ground. Wait! It's only a week until Halloween! What am I going to be for Halloween? MiSTah J said I should be something sexy like a murder. I really wanted to be a nurse, however maybe I could make this work-hmm-I think Johnny's having something for Halloween..Harleen! Shutup and refocus, this journal is for my research and analysis. Not my dreams and fantasies, even if that was what it was turning out to be. I had a lot of analytic stuff in their, don't get me wrong. For example, noticing how Eddie twitched twice at stupidity but bites his lip in anger when he sees Bruce getting a better grade than him. Or how Selena always seemed to disappear at the same time as Bruce.

As I started before I got distracted in my journal entry. Winter is the time of year for renewal. I think patients should always have a time of the year like winter. A time to refresh, renew themselves because they always have the possibility of goodness within them. Imagine how much emptier Arkham would be with lower crime rates too, if we gave everyone another chance. I notice in my school everyone gets excited for winter. The obvious reasons are snow days, holidays, Christmas, the list goes on and on. Wonder if it's the same in Antarctica-

The Bell rings, startling me. The teacher must have said something about homework because some strange numbers were on the board. I squint before a small sticky notes falls on my desk, reading,

H.W Problems 8-31 Skip 15. Pg.672.673, 674

I smile, looking up to see Johnny's face. "Thanks Johnny." Johnny is always the sweetest, I mean he did not even know I needed glasses yet was kind enough to help me. He gives a small shrug, "Figured the handwriting was too messy for you again." A smile comes across his face for a second, before he went to his usual emotionless expression. I stand up, slinging my book bag across my shoulder. "-and I couldn't help but notice you were writing in that journal again."

I laugh, "Johnny for the fifth time, I am not going to tell you or Eddie what's in it."

"I know, I know." Johnny said, not being insulted that I did not show him. He was a good friend, who respected and understood my privacy."Speaking of Eddie, has he been acting weird lately."

"Yes!!" I jump up, glad someone else noticed it. "Okay! Yesterday, He was walking down the hallway, when I was talking with Harvey and Barbara. He started babbling to himself, which I know I do, but Ed looked panic as he ran into the Boy's bathroom. Plus Bruce caught him yelling at his reflection." The gossip spills from my lips. Eddie was acting strange-well stranger than normal. Jonathan and I walked down the hallways together, considering we both had Creative Writing next block.