Consequences of a Joke

Last week was absolutely amazing! My first sleepover and I couldn't ask for anything better. Jack showed up, like my knight in shinning armor to save me from boredom and asked me to be HIS GIRLFRIEND!!'
Eeeeek! My mind was still lost in thought while sitting in math class. The Prince of mystery and fun himself, Jack Napier had asked ME to be HIS girlfriend! I wish those kids in Metropolis, Brooklyn, everywhere could see me now. I couldn't stop smiling as I entered the hallway. Although I haven't seen Jack since that night my mind still replayed our kiss over and over again. My first kiss and it was with him. Can life get better? "Hi Eddie!" I smile, waving him over.

"In a cheerful mood again Harleen?" Eddie said plainly, he has really been acting weird since the hospital, almost like he has this detached attitude. His eyes never looked straight at me, always being focused on his book. Yesterday I remember writing in my journal,
Figure out what's wrong with Eddie?
•Long pauses of silence
•Awkwardness. (Well more then his normal amount)
•Weird looks during the first few days of class.

"Yep, well it's so sunny, and warm out how can a girl not be happy?"

He gave me a look as if I was crazy, "34° Farenheight is not warm. The number is two degrees above freezing point in our system. Unless your Victor, I doubt anyone would considered warm."

Rude and more critical then before.

"Well, at least it's sunny!" I smile before my expression wavers a bit. The smile on my face fell, as I moved to see behind Ed, hoping to see if Jonathan was near bye. Sadly, I had no luck in finding him. Ed was alone again. "Oh...." I sigh in disappointment, I missed seeing Jonathan at school. "Is Johnny not here again?" Eddie nods, I take a deep breath. I wanted to talk to him but lately he hasn't responded to any of my messages.
Jonathan has not been back since the whole science fair accident. I am worried to what the whole chaotic situation could have done to him. Normally, Jonathan was a quiet and to himself person when he was in school. Besides Eddie and I he didn't talk to many others. After the police, and my hospitalization he was out "sick" from school. The police cleared him Wednesday so he was supposed to be back by now. My belief is his sickness is an excuse. For what? I have no clue. I pause, concern for Jonathan. "Is he doing okay?"

Eddie didn't answer me. He gave a small shrug. Again, I was getting this vibe that Eddie did not care to speak with me. Let's face it Ed took pride in 'knowing everything' , I am sure he is aware of what's going on with his best friend at this point. Otherwise Eddikipedia, as Jack, my very best boyfriend, called him, was just pretending to be smart. I knew for sure that was not the case.

"It's been a week, maybe I should visit-"

"No, give him space." Eddie piped in quickly, as if he was defending Jonathan. He did not need to defend Jonathan around me, we were friends.

"Okay..." I felt like I was letting him friend down. Soon enough I saw in the corner of my eye a boy trying to pass us, he looked exactly like Johnny but with a brown sweatshirt hood up and his headphones cranked loudly to block everyone out. Why would Johnny be trying to avoid us? I pout, before deciding to just go up and talk to him. Eddie tried to stop me, but I pulled away my arm. Something was up with these two, I just know it.

Then it hit me. Could this have to do with that stupid text Pamela sent? Maybe. I don't know what the message said, but felt a little foolish to ask him about it.

Why?
1.) People shouldn't let other people take their phones. So embarssing!
2.) I don't know what Red said in the first place.

I skip up along side Johnny, "Hey Johnny." He ignores me, I tap his shoulder. "Jonathannn" He still ignored me only to walk faster. Therefore I got right in the middle of his path. "Johnny!" I smile, waving. He gives a small nod before trying to get around me. "What's wrong?"