Impactful Punchline

~Jack~

"It has a wonderful punchline!" I laugh, giving the group a sly smile.

They all went silent causing me to roll my eyes. Why did Harley look so shocked. No shit I had some hand in it, it was hilarious. Her baby blue eyes had a flickering of fear in it. They all did. I grin, taking it all in. I knew what they all thought. They all hated me, however, each one of them forgot the funny truth to this. They all hate Pam, even more then I do. I got a fun laugh out of it, yet they pretend. They pretend to themselves they stand for a false sense of friendship or humanity that Pam had within her. I knew Pam for a long time. We were never friends. Hell! Pamela never had any friends, nor care about anyone that didn't sprout leaves.

"But-But how?" Harley hugged Selena like a scared little child. Damn girl, first she was all up for stealing cop cars, racing and now she was back to being boring.

I sigh, giving a small groan. "Harley, Harley, Harley..." I circle shaking my head. "You want to know how? I noticed the whore walking out." I lean up against the edge of the window. Brucie's eyes were on me, his attention as well. What a thrill that Brucie noticed my work. "decided to have a little fun for her when she left to meet the coin-" I flash a daring smile at Harvey. I wish I had  two lady's fighting over me. That would be some fun. "In the heat of the moment I dropped blood on them."

"That's disgusting." Rachel muttered, looking grossed out. Little prep girl. She didn't understand. Her, Bruce, Thomas, Harvey they all came from the upper side of Gotham. Not from where the rest of us went. Life is disgusting, people are cruel, get over it.

"It.was.funny." I glare at her, then starting to laugh. "Right my Harley?" I move closer to my girl. She looked unsure what to say. I could see a part of her dying to agree with me, but scared what the  others would think. I move closer, taking her hand gently. "Harley..."

The blonde gives a small smile. Harley really did get lost in her own world at times. It was cute, not that I would think that. "Yes MisTa J." I couldn't find her cute, she was obedient. That's all that matters. 

"Well then." I say softly before going on to yell. "Your supposed to laugh when something's funny!" My rage built up, my hand coiling in a fist. No, there was too many people. Selena would have me skinned if I touched Harley. I took a deep breath, calming down how I always did. Deep, dark, rage driven laughter.

"But where did you get the blood?" Brucie boy asked, eyeing me once again. He acted like a cop. Gross.

I obviously got the blood from the two cops I stole the car from. Some reason I don't think he would like that answer. I smile, avoiding the question he really wanted answered. "I knew it was a Halloween party so I brought a little gag gift of my own."

"Ooo so it's fake blood...right?" Harley seemed to cheer up. Fake blood? Hell, no. I'm no cheap joke, it had to be done right and with class. Hence, real blood.

"How'd her heart rate spike so much then?" Brucie boy questioned, one true detective in him. That's for sure. 

"Fear of the blood my guess, put her into shock." The old crow spoke up before I could asnwer. He's here? That skinny boned boy annoyed me, always making my eyes roll. In his eyes everything had to do with fear. Fear might be nice, but a good joke, that was all the blood was.

Selena shook her head, "You boys figure it out. Harley and I are gonna go to the hospital now that we know whose at fault and make sure Pamela's okay."

"I'll go with...maybe Pamela will be awake to give her point of view." Bruce suggested.

Do you want to know what I will be doing? I'll be sleeping. I am tired. I am bored and it is nighttime. I don't give a shit about Pam, so why pretend. Actually, one little energetic blonde could change my plans to sleep. However, as I look over at her I knew there was no way she would not check up on Pam, "Actually, I'll drive separated to ...give my apologizes."

Selena eyes me, knowing there was no way in hell I wasn't lying. Everyone knew I would skip out on the hospital visit to go home.

The blonde bore blocks my way again, "MistAh J! Can I drive with ya??"

I stare at her strangely, why would she want to? Remember, I am the monster here. I did see fear and disgust in her eyes, didn't I? There was no way she liked it. I laugh, thinking she was pulling my strings. "Sure, Do you want to?"

She smiled brightly actually excited. Her eyes lite up with amazement that only a toddler would have. "Would I ever MistAh J!"

I knew she would decline, no would could stick with the ol' Napier-wait-that was weird. "What?" I smirk.

"So can I?"

This girl was insane. I mean not every girl you drug at a party ends up your girlfriend, or ruin her friends slumber party. Usually no one wanted to be near me, yet this girl had lasted longer then anyone close. Something was wrong. She had to be setting me up. Or did  she really want to ride shotgun a murdering prankster. I laugh, "if you wish." I wrap my arm around her waist, making her squeak softly with excitement. I wonder if Harley knew she did that every time I made a move on her.

"Let's go!" A newly confident Harley kissed me before pushing away. I knew it there was no way. Harley's smile widened with mischief as she dangled my car keys in front of me. "Race Ya Puddin!" How did she get those? I wonder as I watch Harley bolt to the car with a happy spring to her step. I laugh, shaking my head. Harley could be some fun with a few adjustments. Nothing on looks of course those were perfect enough. No, just a few finer tune adjustments. More Harley, less the goodie two shoes. More carefree and less conscience.That's it!
Harley isn't afraid of me. I shall test her and either she gives up on me like everyone else. Or, I will have my Harley finished in a week. A fun Harley, who can skip class with me and play games around Gotham. One week. By the time of the homecoming dance I can showcase my fun new Harley update.