Girls Night In

Night had fallen on Gotham City. The very last to be dropped off at my house was,  Barbara Gordon, who came already dressed in her light blue pajama's. She gave a small nod behind her to her father, as if he was okay to go now and leave her to be with her friends. Hesitant, Commissioner Gordon pulled out of the driveway and on to the street. Barbara Gordon has always been a quiet girl, but so sweet. I couldn't wait to get to know her better tonight.

"Whoa you brought a lot of books!" I say with a huge grin on my face. A ton of books filled her slumber bag. I hope she didn't plan to read the whole sleepover. Oo! Maybe she planned o read the stories out loud to us. Her look wavered a bit uncertain in attempts to determine if I was teasing or not. Her blue eyes gazed up at me. "That's so cool, did you bring any fairytales?"

"Um-no, only mysteries." She said softly, a smile appearing on her face once she confirmed I was truly interested.

"Maybe we could read some tonight, like a creepy mystery party!" My voice squeals with excitement, I couldn't help it. Nancy Drew was the coolest, with her fun outfits and always outsmarting some idiots. Secret passage ways and surprises, what wasn't there to love.

"Yeah, that would be fun." Barbara relaxed a little as the two of us then entered my room, where Pamela and Selena had spread the a ray of snacks across the table closest to the floor. It had everything, popcorn, chips, chocolates, yum. My room was a mess, but due to Selena's quick cleaning and Pamela and I's ability to cram everything into the sides it was no big deal now.

Selena stretched out on the bed, "Harley, why does your room look so-well pink?"

"It's great isn't it? I painted it myself when we got to Gotham, I wanted something fun, unique and different."

"It's definitely different." Pamela chuckled, I presume she shared my excitement. "Well, aren't we going to do anything? I'm already bored." Pamela complained.

"Let's start with something fun." Selena grinned, her white teeth slipping through her smile."Truth-" She rolled off the bed to sit down next to Pamela. "-or Dare?"

This caught Pamela's attention and she smiled, "I say Harley goes first, it is her party after all."

Selena turned her attention over to me, "Well Harley, Truth or Dare." 

"Truth." I smirk, why would I risk a silly dare?

"What is the worst, no, most  embarrassing nickname you've been called?"

I pause, thinking. Bozo, Blondie, Pigtails, Ditsy, Harley, Nerd, Dork, Glasses, Try Hard there were so many. "Bimbo, no one wants to be a bimbo."

I turn to Barbara, "How about you, Truth or Dare."

"Truth." She spoke quietly, adjusting her glasses. Barbara looked a bit scared to play truth or dare, but I wasn't going to do anything too hard for her. She was a friend after all.

"What is the best book you've ever read?"

"Lame!" Pamela mumbled, rolling her eyes. I look down, in attempts to ignore Selena, who was tying not to laugh. "I'll show you how to do it Harley, Truth or Dare."

"I just answered one." I frown, crossing my arms.

"It's a rule of truth or dare, a lame question gets you on the automatic next now-Truth or Dare." Pamela spoke in a devilishly tone, which taunted she had something dark in mind.

"Dare, I'm not scared."  I spoke with confidence.

"I dare you to unlock your phone and let me send one text to Jonathan."