Costume Couples Countdown

Autumn, the season where leaves flutter all over the courtyard at Gotham High. As September changed into October everyone in Gotham High grew excited. October was the month of two very important events, Halloween and Homecoming. The first week of October already had the essence of Halloween, when everyone received an invitation to a mysterious costume party on Friday the 13th.
The party was located at an old manor, dated back to when the Galavans were considered one of Gotham's royal families. Black gates made of steel blocked off the path to the house. The gates were monogrammed with the cursive letters, T.G. A sign broken in two hung across from the engraved letters, which read 'No Trespassing'. Trespassing in Gotham was not really considered much of a crime. Police in the city had far much more serious cases to worry about than a couple kids sneaking into a place no one seemed to care about. Much like the yard, the mansion itself was abandoned long ago. All the plants were overgrown or dead, forcing them to curl around the entrance of the door in a sickly fashion. No man in Gotham beside Bruce Wayne, or maybe Thomas Elliot, could afford taking care of such a large place.

In the nature of Friday the 13th, the clouds presented a dark storm for the party. After every crackle of thunder the electricity would surge. Two boys roamed the hallways of the Galavant Manor only an hour before the party.

"Are you sure you don't want me to fix these power surges?" Edward looked over at his friend, slightly confused. He figured since Jonathan acquired his help to get the electricity working in the first place, he would also like the houses glitches fixed as well.

A simple, "No", escaped Jonathan as he remained focused on his task. "It's fine."

"Are you sure?" Ed said, bothered by the imperfection. "It's just a simple reboot-"

"I said it's fine." Jonathan said sternly, looking up. Ed could tell there was something off about him, yet he could not figure out what was wrong. The nerd himself was not the fan of Halloween. He disliked the idea of social gatherings or parties in general. If Jonathan had not forced him to dress up, he would have arrived as himself. Instead, he found himself forced to wear a foolish costume. After a long debate with himself, between deciding to be Sherlock, from Sherlock, or the tenth doctor from Doctor Who, Ed went with the Doctor. His outfits were much similar to his anyways, so all he really did was carry around the Sonic Screwdriver. The one he invented himself of course. Not to forget, he switch out the frame of his glasses for his costume. In his mind it was a brilliant way to get around dressing up, if Ed did say so himself. Ed paused a minute, figuring that Jonathan must have been upset about his costume choice still. He left the room, not wanting to have to change his costume for 'not dressing up'.

Harley and Jack: 30 Minutes til the Party

Across town, in a less wealthy part of Gotham, a stolen purple convertible pulled into Harleen's driveway. The door opened for a Vampire Jack Napier to step out of the driver's seat. He used his red cape to whip the blood off the door handle. Jack then proceeded to walk up to Harley's door. Most normal boys would knock, or ring her doorbell but not Jack. He passed the door off as being open, as he unlocked the door.

"Harley!"Jack yelled, plopping down on the couch. His feet kicked up on the coffee table. "Harley Hurry Up!"

Harleen, or Harley as she was getting used to being called, smiled closing her makeup case. "Comin'!" She squealed, thinking he was at her door. Harley stumbled, fumbling her way excitedly to the door. The young blonde was in such a hurry to see him, she ran past. Harley failed to realize he was sitting behind her on the couch. "Ummm..." She muttered to herself, searching for his face in the peek hole of the door. "Where are ya?" Harley's head tilted, still focused on looking out the door. A cold breath ran across her neck, making her nerves tingle with excitement.