Cheery Chit Chat

"HARLEY!!"

My eyes were still lingering where he had been only a couple moments before when the two voices snap me back to reality. I turn around to see Pamela and Selena sprinting up to me.

"Where have you been? Me and Sel here have been looking everywhere for you."

"I've-"

"Come on guys, I'm starving."

The lunch room was jammed pack by the time we finally got there. Luckily with Red and Selena by my side I got through the line pretty quickly.

"Ew, What kind of food is this?"

I mumble quietly to myself seeing a gooey mixture dumped onto my tray. I bet the food at Arkham is better then this crap. I swear if this thing starts to move I'm going to be on the next plane to Metropolis.

Red and Selina continued to chit chat as I gazed across the lunch room. Part of me was looking for him, too see if he was here.

Let me tell you, Gotham High's lunchroom is the stereotypical type. Food flying everywhere, groups gathered based on interest and of course students talking over each other.

In the West Corner of the room, the jock's which were lead by Walton and Diego. They were all huddled around the table that looked far to small for them. Diego voice was so loud I could hear him from across the room, discussing some sort of sports analogy I didn't care to understand.

On the complete other side of the room, the farthest point possible from the Jock's was Eddie's table. If I had to put a label on it, the Geek's table. Along with a couple unfamiliar faces there was Eddie, Johnny and some plump kid dressed in black and white. I can't remember his name at the moment.

We (a.k.a Pamela) decided to sit outside for lunch. A table conveniently placed under a tree which gave off just enough shade. Selena didn't seem to care where we sat, she was so hunger.

"Oh Harley I almost forgot."

Red took a moment to dig through her book bag. She pulled out a yellow piece of paper.

"Here, I thought since you were new you might want to try out. It's a good way to get your name out there, not to mention hang with cute guys."

Pamela passed the flyer over towards Selena, signaling her to pass it to me.

"She doesn't want to be apart of your stupid team Pam."

Her voice had turned cold, not the friendly chipper that had existed between the two moments ago. Selena crinkled the paper into a ball, tossing it behind her without even looking. Of course Eddie had to be passing by. The crumbled flyer ricocheted off his head into his lunch slop. The look on his face, absolutely priceless. It took all my self control to prevent myself from laughing. His face looked so confused and disturbed at the same time, I wish I had my camera with me. Of course Selena's grumbling didn't stop Red from handing me another one of her paper's.

~CHEERLEADING TRYOUTS~

Monday 5 - 7

@Football Field

Come with a cheer, dance and a peppy attitude.

* Positions will be determined by Head Cheer Captain Pamela Isley. *

Peppy Attitude? That didn't really seem like Red's type. Not that she wasn't friendly but I just didn't picture her as the cheerful type. Cheerleading did seem fun but would I really have the time? With my studies and all I didn't plan to part take in any extra curricular activities here at Gotham. Maybe I should do this, I did tell myself I would be different this time around, not the geek I once was. No, I'm going to be a cheerleader. My train of thought was intrupeted by Pam.