The Diva of Debates

~Harley's POV~

The theater was loud and filled with all the students from Gotham High. 90% of which had stopped paying attention to the debate 10 minutes in.

"Mr.Dent. Did to hear my question?" His eyes scan back at the table where Barbara Gordon sat. She along with Eddie were the ones asking questions during the debate. Right now, I stood off to stage left in case Pamela needed some more of my help. Why was I doing this? I sigh, writing down her next response.

The speech I wrote for her went off great, even getting some applause from the crowd. Although, I never planned to be stuck sitting on the sidelines. At first, I sat next to Jonathan to watch Pamela and Harvey debate. We both found it amusing as she mispronounced some of the words I wrote in her lecture. I've got to give it to Red, her confidence never faltered...until Harvey's speech was over. After his conclusion, Barbara announced that the question portion of the Presidential Debate would begin . I was shocked that Pamela had an expression of bewilderment on her face. Didn't she understand that a debate is a formal discussion on a particular topic. Of course this would include questions and speeches in order to see who would make the better candidate. Pamela most likely had never see real presidential debate on television. It went on for a few questions. At least enough for me and Johnny to laugh at her overuse of the word I. The next thing I knew Selena slide down the row of chairs, tapping me on the shoulder to follow her. I gave Jonathan my best sorry look before hurriedly catching up. Now here I am, standing on the side of the stage with a whiteboard in my hand. Sounds fun, doesn't it? I so regret not running for president myself.

He gives a small nod, "Yes Barbara" A second passed by while he constructed an answer. A skill, which Pamela clearly did not know how to do on her own. I was beginning to feel I should vote for Harvey over my friend, Pamela, whom had not a clue what she was doing."A major goal of ours should be raising our grades up and-" He pauses, smartly directing his attention to people like Eddie, Ozzie and Jonathan. The way to get their vote would be directly addressing their existence. "-decrease the amount of bullying taking place in our hallways." An uproar comes from the crowd, much to Pamela's disgust. Those who were not listening threw in a couple claps so the teachers would not take note they were on their phones the whole time. Pamela was pissed as she looked back at me. Harvey looked some what amused at Pamela's temper.

Eddie gazed over to Pamela, smiling. "Miss Isley, same question." Her green eyes darted over towards me to see what I wrote, If I were to be elected president, I would not set goals but instead go directly to increasing the amount of activities that show our school spirit, and promote the cleanness of the hallways, thus helping us connect as a student body. Ivy smiled, turning back to the audience. "Well Ed, If I were to be elected president, I would not set goals but instead go directly to increasing the amount of activities that show our school Sprite, and promote the cleanness of hallways, thus helping us connect as a student body."

Everyone laughed, my eyes went wide as I tapped the word spirit again. Pamela smiled not realizing her mistake. Harvey of course had to point it out aloud. "Sprite Miss Isley? Our school already has Coca Cola products"

Students whistled and clapped at Pamela's humiliation, her expression dropped shooting me a death glare. Selena stood beside me, giving Pamela the motion to go on and stop staring. Pamela flipped her hair back before placing her hands on her hips. This whole debate was getting on her nerves and everyone knew it. "I-I know that." She spoke, trying to regain her composure. " Pamela threw her hands up in dismay, as Harvey shot her a look as if saying; Are you sure? A student, most likely a football player in the back shouted out over the uproar. "HARVEY FOR PRESIDENT!" The school laughed, chanting Harvey, Harvey, over and over again until Pamela's banter could be unheard. Selena took the white board from me and wrote- Get off the Stage!! Pamela huffed, "Whatever! Vote for a two faced clown." She stormed off the stage, passing right by Selena and I. Selena groaned softly before following after her. I wonder if she ever got use to Pamela's ranting. Her hurried leave made everyone louder, chanting as Harvey stood there waving victorious. My gaze met Jonathan's in the crowd were he gave a small shrug as if to say it wasn't my fault. "Shouldn't you be running off after her." I heard a smooth voice come behind me, I turn around to see the tall Harvey Dent standing there.