Party Probs- Part 1

About an hour ago, I went over to Selina's. Today was the party! eeek, I can't begin to describe how excited I was. My outfit was simple, pony tail, a white shirt withs jeans. Tick Tock Tick Tock. The sound was driving me insane, eight o'clock and the girls weren't even trying to get ready. The party was going to start any second now. Where were they you ask? Well, Selina was in the other room taking a cat nap while Pamela was still in the shower. I was the only one remotely ready for this party. Luckily, I was well prepared for this nerve recking boredom. My journal was awaiting me:

Party's the social gatherings of high school. It's almost impossible or incredibly saddening if you've never been invited to one. Parties give any person curious to the inside world of high school a sneak peak. They let people see into each other's lives outside of school. The people who care or obsess with school don't usually bother to come. The ones who are partiers will be the ones that never leave. The kids that are drinking the most will be the ones that want to fit in.

In metropolis or even my home prior to that, Brooklyn, the thought of Harleen Quinzel at a party was unheard of and for this case I can't make any correct assumptions about the social call within what a party is. These will be stated later tonight.

Ding Dong "Got it!" I jump up, sprinting for the door. Finally, people were arriving.

Opening the door I see Eddie and Jonathan bickering like some old couple. A small laugh escapes me, making them both look up startled.

"Hello Harleen."

"Oh yes hello Harleen, John informed me of how this is like a...social experiment and thus it wouldn't techically-."

"I doubt she wants to hear it."

Eddie grumbled a bit, it was clear he did not want to be around here. The orange haired nerd looked out of his element as he fumbled with his glasses. No one has even arrived yet he still felt uncomfortable. Intresting. I smirk, trying my best to hold back a laugh again. I could tell Johnny had forced him come along.

"Well come on in boys."

"Where is everyone?

"

Johnath questioned, looking around. Eddie mumbled something about how he was right and he knew this was all a trick. Johnny soon hushed him silent by nudging him in the shoulder. Why did they always do this. Talk in their own secret language. I caught Johnny's eye just now realizing I haven't answered his question.

"Ummmm....I don't-"

"EEEEEEK!" Pamela's shrieking made us all turn around. There she stood, dripping wet in nothing but a towel. "WHAT ARE /THEY/ DOING HERE!!"

Both of the boys eyes widen, Eddie was the only one that dared speak. "Its...uhh....8?"

"So?" Pamela huffed, tucking the corner piece of her towel inward. Her hands rested on her hips. All three of us looked confused. Edward tilted his head, eyes trying not to stare at Pamela. He forces them to focus on the floor. I'd never see a kid blush so much, he looked almost more embarrassed then Pamela was.

"Well you did say it started at 8." He retorted, trying to show how this wasn't his fault. He was still not understanding were Pamela was coming from. Honestly, I didn't either.

Let me tell you when Edward failed to comprehend something, he got frustrated and flustered. Although this was a rare occasion it was amusing to watch for onlookers like myself and Johnny.

Her emerald green eyes seemed to flicker with annoyance at the two boys. One simple glare made them both tense, "No one comes at 8!" Her voice snarled as if they were both morons. It seemed to click for both myself and Jonathan at the same time. I had finally caught on to what Red meant about not arriving at 8 o'clock exactly. It was a popular kids inside lingo or code.