Telephone

This is based of a game of Telephone I've played at a birthday party!

~Sirius POV, Wolfstar and Jilly are together, and Regulus is nice!~

" I'm bored." 

I look at James from my spot on the floor. He's sitting on his bed with Lily asleep on his shoulder. 

"Hi bored. I'm Remus." Remus sasses from his bed. He has a book open on his lap, studying for the exams. I roll my eyes and turn to Regulus. He's seated with his legs crossed next to me, also reading.

"Aren't we all, Prongs? It's like,  2 in the morning what are we supposed to do?" I lay back down and shut my eyes. Reg looks up.

"You guys are so annoying. Why am I hanging out with you again?" He wonders aloud, shutting his book with a snap. 

"Because you couldn't sleep and we couldn't either, but we can't stay in the common room because we'll probably end up being to loud. " Peter calls from across the dorm. 

"Shh!" James hisses, " Lily's asleep!" 

"Like we all should be," I say. I wish I could sleep, but the nightmares always come back, and no matter how much Remus tries to comfort me, I can't go back to sleep. 

Remus must see the pain in my eyes, because he climbs off his bed to sit next to me. I move and put my head on his shoulder. He wraps his arm around my waist. 

" Hey James wake Lily up." 

"No are you insane? That's about as safe as setting a dog on Minnie!" He says, horrified. 

"Not that we've tried to do that!" Peter hastily says, glancing at Remus. He narrows his eyes.

"When did you-"

"WHY DON"T you wake Lily-flower up Moony?" I cut him off mid-sentence, "she listens to you!" 

He looks down at me, still uncertain. I point at Lily. He huffs then flicks his wand. A pillow floats up from James's bed, then falls onto Lily's head. She wakes with a start, snatching the pillow and throwing it at the nearest person, which is James. He jumps, caught by surprise. 

Lily sighs and turns her head to glare at Remus. "Sorry James, Remus scared me." Remus just smiles back innocently. 

"Come sit here," He demands, gesturing at the floor around me, Remus, and Reg. 

"You woke me up at 2 am to get me to sit on the floor of your dorm with you guys?" Lily grumbles, dragging James with her. Remus makes a face at her. 

"Let's play a game," He says. Oh, I see, he's trying to distract all of us to help us sleep. 

"What sort of game?" Peter asks, joining us. 

"A muggle one," Remus says simply. Reg scoots forward slightly to complete our circle. 

Lily must know what game we're playing, because she nods at Remus and whispers in his ear. Remus grins.

"Good one Lils, " He turns to me. "Mimbulus mimbletonia, pass it on."

"What? Why are we whispering? And isn't that a-" Remus slaps his hand over my mouth. 

"We're playing a muggle game called Telephone. Basically one person starts, and you pass whatever they say on to the person next to you. When you get to the last person they say it out loud. And you have to whisper because you don't want to let the other people hear what you're saying." He explains to the group. 

"How do you know this?" I ask. 

"I read about it." 

"Ooooo we should play broken Telephone!"Peter exclaims suddenly. Remus shakes his head, gesturing to the rest of us. 

"Let the amateurs practice first." 

"Well excuse me." James says, placing his hands on his hips. 

"Consider yourself excused Potter." Remus turns back to me, " you have to say whatever you heard me say to Reg." I nod. 

We go around the circle, I whisper to Reg, he tells Peter, who tells James. He looks at Peter with a concerned look on his face. He holds his hands up. 

"That's what I heard!" He says defensive, " I don't know what you heard!" 

"Now what?" James asks. 

"Now you say whatever you heard Pete say to all of us." Lily says, trying not to laugh.

"Why are you laughing?" Reg asks.

Lily just shakes her head and nods at James to talk.

"Mimble Mumble." 

 We all burst out laughing. 

"I said - m-mimbulus mimbletonia," Lily chokes out from between laughs.

James furrows his brows, "oh." 

"I thought deer had good hearing!" Reg says.

"Not this one," Pete ducks a pillow that almost hit his face," sorry. Not." 

"Can I go next?" I ask, a smirk spreading across my face at an idea.

Remus nods. "Normally you go around the circle, but I don't know what I would say, so go ahead." 

I turn my head and mutter in Reg's ear, "Tu porte un manteau." (You wear a coat)

Reg smiles," a leather one though right?" we both laugh. He tells Peter, who makes a face.

"Merlin's Beard!" Reg and I cackle and high-five, "I don't really know what I heard!" 

"You only get to hear it once!" Lily says, slightly scared of what I said. Peter grumbles but tells James. He frowns at Peter. 

"Please don't ask," he says in defeat. James shrugs and whispers to Lily, who furrows her brows and turns to Remus. 

"What's wrong Rem? You look confused," I tease, waiting to hear what he says. 

" I heard blah blah blah. " 

Reg and I lose it completely and our eyes water from laughing too much. Peter, James, Lily, and Remus all look at at us. 

"Tu porte un manteau!" I say, casting a silencing charm on the door as to not wake to whole tower. 

Reg composes himself, " he said you wear a coat in French." Reg understood because both of us were forced to learn it as kids. All of us start laughing again. 

None of us got much sleep that night.