Chapter 10: Help Me

Magsimula sa umpisa

There's no way I'm risking that.

So maybe I shouldn't introduce him to my parents?

My parents will assume Ashton to be a jerk if he doesn't come though..

I could say he's busy but my father will argue that I should break up with him if he can't give even a little of his time just to see my parents.

I gave up all options.

That's it. I'll introduce him.

Cassius situation came up in my mind.

Cassiea found out about the secret of the family but they didn't kill Cassius or any of Cassiea's family.

Only Cassiea.

And just like Ashton's parents, they only killed his parents but they didn't kill Ashton.

The general conclusion would be that they don't kill the families of their target.

Only those who know the secret shall be killed.

So it's fine to introduce my parents to Ashton. It's not like they know the secret to his family anyway.

And if they did know, they'd ask me to immediately break up with him and to move away somewhere else just to be safe.

"I'll invite him over to dinner anytime you want me to." I told my parents which were both all smiles.

"How about tomorrow night? I'll make something special just for him." My mother suggested with a glint of interest in her eyes.

"I can't wait to meet that man." My father answered with a mischievous smirk.

My parents are determined to meet Ashton.

After dinner, I went back to my room.

I jumped onto my bed and rested for a while.

My phone suddenly rang.

Who is it this time?!

The person calling was Cassius.

I answered the call.

"Did you ask him?" A deep male voice immediately spoke on the other line.

"Yeah but he won't tell me." I told Cassius whom made a "hmmph!" sound.

"Of course he won't tell you! He's a de Riscuotere dirt bag." Cassius said with spite.

"No. Ash can't tell me because they'll kill him if he does. But he did promise to tell me someday." I made it clear to Cassius, otherwise he'll still continue to try and press Ashton.

"That day might be the day that you die." Cassius joked out yet it was in a mocking tone.

"Maybe." I told him, I could hear a male voice laugh at the other end.

"I'll get information out of him, one way or another. You might be able to help."
Cassius said, this time, his tone was very serious.

"How can I help?"

"I'll pretend to take you hostage so that he'll spill the beans."

I paused for a moment.

Wait! Isn't that kind of illegal?

To scam him into telling information by pretending to keep me hostage?

Cassius might get arrested by the police. And I might as well get arrested too, for being an accomplice.

"Wait! That's very risky.." I told Cassius who seemed to not give a care about the dangers of his plan.

"Don't worry.. I've thought about this for a while now. If something goes wrong I've got a backup plan." Cassius explained to me.