𝟐𝟕. 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆

ECLIPSE.
[ "SPECIAL KIND OF SOMETHING" ]

IT HAD BEEN A DAY OR TWO SINCE CAMILA HAD LAST SEEN KAI AND LIFE WAS RESUMING ITS NORMAL COURSE

IT HAD BEEN A DAY OR TWO SINCE CAMILA HAD LAST SEEN KAI AND LIFE WAS RESUMING ITS NORMAL COURSE. She hadn't heard anything about whether or not Kai was carrying out his master plan to convince Jo to merge, mainly because Stefan and Damon felt the need to keep everything Kai related from her, presumably in order to 'protect her' but it certainly didn't feel that way. Rather Camila was feeling more excluded from the group than ever, especially after missing 3 months of her friends lives and now how everyone was always tiptoeing around her, afraid to even mention the prison world. Camila's closest friends right now felt like her college textbooks, so here she sat with her nose buried in her psychology one.

In a rare turn of events, all 4 girls occupied the dorm this night, none out at classes or at the library. Caroline sat on her bed also trying to plough through the mounds of homework she had left to do but something was clearly agitating her as she looked up and around the room every few seconds. Camila turned sideways, exchanging looks with Bonnie, evident they both noticed Caroline's strange behaviour. Bonnie sighs. "Caroline, you okay?"

"Well..." All three other girls turn to Caroline knowing that was the beginning of a conversation. "I was just thinking, it's so crazy that we're all here now and what are we doing? Studying?"

"We are at college, Care..." Camila half-laughs only to earn a stern glare from Caroline.

"Come on, when did we become so boring? Maybe we should have a sleepover like we used to...?"

"Care, we live together. Every night is a sleepover," Bonnie huffs, about to turn back to face the work on her desk but Caroline's objection stops her.

"No I mean we make some drinks, put on a face mask, watch a movie and gossip like we used to. I think it could be fun! Plus there's so much to talk about I mean Cami was just in a prison world with Kai fricking Parker for like three months..."

"I don't know if Cami wants to talk about that, Caroline..." Elena says cautiously, looking to see how Camila reacts.

"No, come on, it's fine," Camila reassures, not wanting to put a dampener on everyone's otherwise very jolly pre-holiday mood. "Care is right, we've all got plenty to catch up on so I think the sleepover idea is great...only if we order pizza"

"Agh, deal!" Caroline squeals, jumping up and tackling Camila into a hug earning laughter from both Bonnie and Elena. And so in under an hour the girls had transformed their regular old dorm into perfect sleepover territory. They had blankets and pillows strewn on the floor in the centre of the room, the lights dimmed, food and drink out as well various beauty tools to complete their makeover. Dressed in their comfiest pyjamas, the girls giggled as they sipped at their various drinks.

"Okay but do you remember pukey Luke," Bonnie giggles. "He almost threw up straight into Cami's mouth when he leaned in to kiss her..."

"And by almost I think you mean him going in for the kiss, our lips touching for like half a second and then him looking down and puking on my brand new shoes," Camila reminisces, burying her face in her hands at just the thought of the experience. The girls can't hold their laughter in and the room is filled with only sounds of bubbling happiness. Camila can't remember the last time she felt this happy around her friends, a harrowing thought.