𝟏𝟖. 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒 𝐌𝐄

ECLIPSE.
[ "KISS ME" ]

CAMILA WAS WASHING DISHES

CAMILA WAS WASHING DISHES. Kai had insisted several times that washing dishes was no big deal and if worst came to worst they could load all of their dirty dishes into a giant bin bag and throw them in the backyard of another house but Camila insisted that she would be in charge of washing up. Truthfully, she'd never liked washing dishes which is why she hated the fact that Caroline insisted on buying a set of four colour coordinated mugs for their shared dorm despite the cutlery and utensils in excess in the shared kitchen below them. Camila was always in charge of washing those four damned mugs and she hated it. But now, washing dishes reminded her of four different coloured mugs and her best friends. She missed washing those stupid mugs for her friends.

"Either we have a new mystery resident wandering around outside of that window or you're in your default 'I miss my friends' brooding mood," Kai commented, entering the kitchen catching sight of Camila who had a wet plate in hand but was seemingly frozen as she gazed out of the window.

"I'm not brooding, I'm just pondering." Camila turns to Kai, leaning back on edge of the counter she stands by as she reaches for a tissue, drying her hands. "Pondering what?" Kai seats himself on one of the chairs lining the kitchen island, leaning forward in curiosity with his arms propping him up. "The spell we need to get out of here."

She joins him at the counter with a shrug and puzzled look plastered on her face. "The only thing I'm sure of is that the star ball was put there by Bonnie's Grams who made this place so why would she give us just half a way out, there has to be some kind of spell that takes us back home."

"Then why can't we find it? We've looked through a million and one grimoires and mystical trivia books to find nothing." Kai countered. Camila's eyebrows knitted together in frustration as she ran a hand through her messy hair. "Maybe we've struck out with this stupid magical liquid thing."

"I don't know, Kai. I'm sure this is it, I'm so sure." It seems as though she's reassuring herself more than her counterpart.

"Well, in that case, you must be right." Kai winks, his words dripping with sarcasm.

"Charming," Camila replies sardonically with an inauthentic flash of a grin. "It's one of my finest qualities."

"Of course it is, you're a sociopath." She remarks reaching across the counter and stealing his drink from his hands and downing a large, cool sip only to make him force a noise of objection and reach back out for it which she dodges successfully. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Sociopaths are always charming, they need control over people and being charming is the way to do it. I'm not going to fall for your charms, Kai Parker."

"Someone took those psychology classes seriously," Camila responds with a dorky thumbs up and grin, finishing the contents of Kai's drink and handing it back to him which he throws away bitterly. "You're mean, you know that?"