𝟑𝟑. 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍

ECLIPSE.
[ "BREAKDOWN" ]

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?"

That was the first thing Kai said when he saw Camila standing at his doorway, hands squeezing down on her hips as she resisted the urge to pace back and forth. She ignored how there was a hint of concern in his tone and stepped straight past him, entering his apartment without waiting for an invitation in.

"You merged with Luke..." Camila states, half a question, half a statement but entirely disappointed.

Kai pauses and Camila knows him well enough to know he's calculating his approach and what his next words should be. He meets her gaze with a cool composure. "

Yes I did," he says emotionlessly which only irks Camila more. She makes a noise of frustration, throwing her hands up in the air as she turns away from him, allowing reality to set in that Luke really was gone.

"But you promised me you would stick to the plan and you'd merge with Jo. Do you remember? You promised me in this very apartment, literally just days ago," she says, desperation clear in her voice. She wants so badly for him to just say that he's kidding, that Luke is fine and that he doesn't want to merge with anyone at all and that they can all be safe again.

"I remember..."

"Then what the hell, Kai?!" Her voice finally ascends into shouting which Kai was expecting would happen at some point but it takes him aback to see her so angry nonetheless. He knows it takes a lot to make Camila truly go to any extreme of emotion, particularly anger, and now that she stands in front of him with balled up fits and clenched teeth, she seems truly unfamiliar to him.

"What do you want me to say?" Kai retorts, his voice echoing the same dull blandness of his facial expression. Camila had an inkling that he was doing this to avoid shouting back at her, perhaps even to protect her from the anger he could experience that made him dangerous, but regardless of these things, seeing him so apathetic angered her even more.

"Well sorry that I'm slightly confused as to why you felt the need to go against what you promised me-"

"So we only need to be loyal to the other person when it's convenient to you?" Kai questions, finally allowing a hint of his displeasure be evident through his sour tone.

Camila is taken aback. "That's not what I...That's not fair,"

"It's not?"

Camila says nothing. Kai watches as her chest slowly rises less and less intensely as she calms down, gathering her thoughts. She lowers her voice to its normal level now. "Kai I am sorry for what I did, okay? I am not denying that what I did was wrong but as I told you, I didn't have a choice if I wanted my friends to be safe. You had a choice-"

"It was Luke's idea," he interrupts.

Camila pauses mid-sentence in disbelief, thinking she may have heard Kai wrong. "What?"